Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Please tell me that you are kidding! Did you get your "No War for OIL" bumper sticker for your SUV yet? :-D
No, they were all out of them at Pinko Lefty Commie *** Junky Hippy Peace Queer Political HQ,

I'll swing by this afternoon and see if Micheal Moore dropped anymore off.....

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Not fault of Victory V-Rodham

Correct me if I'm wrong but it was the other family who took half of the riding gear & made you to make monthly payments for the next 50 years

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
207 Posts
why take 50 years? if g-dubbya would just hit up every family in america* for $20,900, we could get this pesky $1.6 trillion-dollar** war debt 'thang' taken care of in one fell swoop.

*illegal immigrants exempted
**according to the Congressional Joint Economic Committee Report

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but it was the other family who took half of the riding gear & made you to make monthly payments for the next 50 years

- cruiz-euro
Well, since you wanted to be corrected, you are wrong. You see Victory V-Rodham voted for the war too, which would make it just as much her war as anyone elses. Of course, she is against it NOW, but continues to vote to fund it, which means she is part and parcel of the war debt. Amazing that you could be wrong every time, but not that amazing really.

·
Registered
207 Posts
with respect to all sides (i'm unaffiliated despite the avatar), it's not as simple as who voted for or against the war in iraq:

in 2002, congress (including at that time senator clinton) voted in favor of going to war with iraq based on information which was provided by - and falsified by - the current administration. many congressional members (democrat and republican) have expressed since then regret over giving the president the authority to go to war in iraq.

from the washington post:
"...in fact we now know that Iraq did not have weapons of mass destruction ... the intelligence was deeply flawed and, in some cases, manipulated to fit a political agenda."

from ABC news:
"ABC News decided to survey the views of the senators who served in 2002, most of whom remain in the Senate. The survey indicates that those senators say that if they knew then what they know now, President Bush would never have been given the authority to use force in Iraq."

as for senator clinton's continued voting in favor of releasing funds for the war in iraq, it's not a simple case of funding = support for the war. congress must, for the time being, continue to fund the 'war' because it was poorly planned and executed by the current administration - creating the current (excuse the cliché) political and military quagmire. simply pulling the plug financially is not a feasible alternative for congress. 1) voting to provide money to feed, clothe and properly defend the americans that are currently serving in iraq, until a proper solution can be found and implemented, is congress' responsibility, and satisfying this responsibility doesn't necessarily mean that senator clinton is in favor of the war itself or the mechanisms through which this quagmire came to be.
2) in addition to fighting a military campaign, american troops are also pulling the double-duty of preventing the already ensuing humanitarian disaster (according to the international red cross) from degrading any further - a function not unlike that which the national guard performs during times of domestic natural disasters - or spilling into neighboring countries more than it already has (turkey/syria). these two functions are immensely expensive, and are independent tertiary situations which have been caused our initial invasion of iraq.

based on these considerations, i must place the blame for our economic troubles on the current administration's decision to present manipulated information in order to justify military action in iraq in the first place. blame might even be seen to rest on the political system in general, for creating an environment where elected officials (democrat and republican) are more interested in party interests than the interests of the majority of their constituency.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Ha!

Jeez. What's with you? You're supposed to pick one corrupt political side or the other and mindlessly parrot your chosen gang's lies. Get with the program!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Wait, there's more than one side? Oh right... politicians and voters. The rich and dishonest vs. the saps. I don't care whether the guy or gal getting the reach around from lobbyists has a donkey or an elephant on their lapel... they're all jackasses to me.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
A little mental master-baitin's good for you now and then, anyone bring popcorn?

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
What are the odds that you'll ever see....

Another 'factual piece' from MM? I'll pass.
... MM go to Cuba when he needs to see a doctor? What's the chances that he'll ever go on national healthcare himself at all? Typical hypocrite.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Well, it appears that even though he's a Frear of Natuke, MM does have something approaching the resemblence of a heart - I was reading some Anti-MM website/blog awhile back, and it seems that the owner of the site came into some financial hardship, and his Wife was in a Desperate way in need of some Medical Aid (a drug or something - mem'ry here). He only mentioned it in passing, but a few days later an "anonymous" donation fell in his lap - that turned-out later to be from MM his-own-self.

I don't in the least agree with Moore's political viewpoints, but gotta admit that was mighty White of him.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I think...

What a guy! Now if he would just quit lying, I might have 1 ounce of respect for him. As of now, his 'donation' was just a rich guys tax writeoff.
...guilt write off is more like it. Even Hitler was nice to the children of his friends.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
...guilt write off is more like it. Even Hitler was nice to the children of his friends.
Al Capone had soup kitchens in Chicago during the height of his 'career'. I guess we should admire him too. At least Capone made no pretense of being truthful and honest, which makes me like him a hell of a lot more than MM who is basically a lying turd with a camera.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.