Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2007 EICMA Show

18K views 93 replies 19 participants last post by  sachiwilson 
#1 ·
Original Article:
2007 EICMA Show

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2007 EICMA Show in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

#3 ·
Yossef,
Once again, you deliver. Wish the Morinis would come here to mix it up a bit, sorry it's not. I was hoping to get a glimpse of the MV 675 triple. Triumph was a let down. I thought they'd have the 1500 twin ready by know. Also, the Rocket Tourer looks like a Road King standard. It's, maybe, too simple. Otherwise, it was nice to see some new Euro toys come to market.

#6 ·
If you've ever been on Raptors and Rockets, an artist named Luc1 did a sketch of a "dresser" style Rocket. Clean, swooping, yet sculpted lines that had a great flow to them front to back. That was nice. This was just plain. Not bad. Just plain. For some reason I was expecting more.

#5 · (Edited)
What's with Beemer and it's bizarro fairing on the F800? It looks like something out of Beetlegeuse. How fugly. The Germans really need to hire some Italians to help their styling... I guess you can call it styling. WWII German VW staff cars are their current inspiration. If you can call it that. Or maybe they are copying 1956 Frigidairs.

Funny, with all the over-the-top origami that the Japanese are tending towards, the what normally would be considered radical styling of the Aprilia hypermotard looks asolutely restrained. No one can style non-cruiser bikes better than the Italians. The Brits have been hitting some home runs too lately. Except for the ludicrous Rocket.

#18 ·
It's also an oil-cooler.

#22 · (Edited)
#24 ·
We Yuropeans are so innovative. Thats why people love our stuff. Like Ducati coming up with a revolutionary new line of, er, bright red V2s. In contrast to the japanese, they can’t innovate, its the same boring stuff year after year like Honda’s tired old boxer-6 streetfighter. Same old, same old.

- cruiz-euro

#25 ·
¿Cómo te va?

it could be worse, cruiz. be happy that we live in europe, where a variety of purchasing tastes means that a decent amount of these interesting prototypes will actually end up being sold here.

...as an aside, and as people's beltlines are tightening, ducati's marketing cry of exclusivity is beginning to have a reverse-effect in this part of the world (if the opinions i hear/read are representative of a larger collective). people in vindobona are starting to prefer triumph's "here's what we thought you'd like to ride" vs. ducati's "here's what we're reluctantly allowing you to buy this year." both premium brands, different places on the arrogance meter, and it seems to have a polarizing effect.

#29 ·
Not sure what's so great about the rune. It only has 1832cc and 90hp. Not a real mans bike. It needs at least another 400cc's and 100hp. It might as well be a beginners bike with these stats. Hell, the Victory Vision has 92hp and we all know that "It needs a 30% bigger engine. Had they not been so vision impaired at the time they would enjoy a cult status now. But no: more of the same. Safe road pussies deserve to lose."

So the rune must REALLY suck.

#31 ·
Other than being butt-ugly and expensive, it's the perfect machine. I just saw one for sale. A 2005 BRAND NEW for 16 grand. It was $24,999 msrp. They STILL haven't sold all those turds, and probably never will. Easily the ugliest bike of the century. Maybe if they drop the price to 8 grand, I will buy it and ship it to some moronic Euro for 24 grand that thinks it's the shyt. I figure it's this least I can do for them.

#30 ·
Hmmm...I didn't find any 2007 Vision dyno (have any?) but the older models had 62 RWHP. Totally acceptable figure for middle weight adventure bikes I say. Newer ones have more power but this is how they started to cut Harley's slice of the market. Somebody must have suffered from serious lack of cojones when doing the specs.

What I found was a dyno of 2007 stock Fat Boy. Straight from the more-of-the-same school of thought. New bigger engine and 66 RWHP? A perfect match to Rune's 97.4 RWHP - if you bolt on a third cylinder. As Rune has more torque at idle than new Harley at any revs, I would say yeah baby.

Viewing a thread - ALL STOCK

- cruiz-euro

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.