Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Z1000 the Lost Naked Bike? I can't say I can remember the last time it was featured in a comparo anywhere. And I thought it was supposed to be a rather solid bike. What gives? Well, here is to the hope that it ends up being a stripped down liter bike.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Simply stunning, the rotors are a work of art. Raptors and Rockets show the new tach.. Woo hoo they fixed that also. There's also news that the 636 will be dropped in 2008 to make way for a new ZX8R. That would give great balance to the line, 600cc, 800cc, 1000cc. Also it would be great if they started racing 800cc bikes as opposed to 1000cc bikes.

http://www.raptorsandrockets.com/images/07_Kawasaki_Z1000_BLU3r.jpg

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Overheard in the design studio:

"Hey, Tetsuo - I'll bet you 3,000 yen you can't make the pipes even goofier."

·
Registered
20 Posts
IMHO last year all proper bike designers probably shot themselves or moved to UK and Italy....I hope Honda and Yamaha will not go Suzuki GSR-Kawasaki ER-Kawasaki ZZR1400-Kawsaki Z1000 (new)-Kawasaki Versys route...

Hm, just noticed - most of ugly ones coming from Kawasaki...meaning probably same design group.

What is the slang word used in US to describe that style? Goofy? Bling-bling? I'd choose bling-bling. It's missing anodized bolts and iridium screen....and blue neon sprinkler lights :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
"Not only will its reconfigured torque measurements provide low-end get-up-and-go, but the increased pull follows through its mid-range, giving the rider extra thrust for conquering most road challenges. "

Crap. Not that I have anything against low end torque, ( I ride a Buell for Pete's sake) but WHY can't they just take a full boogie superbike engine and drop it in a friggin naked chassis?

Leave the TORQUE to the Z-Rex 1400 that will with hope be coming down the pike.

IhopeIhopeIhopeIhope.........

Rob

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Hell, that looks just as bad as the KTM 950 Supermoto. Too many angles and that pipe is truely terrible. I'll bet it is fun to ride, but half the fun is getting off to look at the thing. This bike is a perfect match for a bulimic. Ride to lunch, eat, look at the bike and unload.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Looks a bit overstyled but I'll reserve judgment until I see it in person. Then again, that seems too the Z-1000s design mission. It's better integrated than the original at least. This is meant to be a love it or hate it design.

I don't think it's as bad as the KTM.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Maybe because it's naked and could never achieve anywhere near the top speed of an ZX10 it makes more sense to give up a few top end horsepower for a wider powerband... essential in a hooligan bike.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Damn you Euro Bastards...

In europe, it will have optional ABS.

It seems ABS option is becoming a de-reguer option on nonsportbikes in europe. But where is the ABS for the US? Oh yeah, locked up the front wheel and smeared across the asphault...

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.