Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Wow! Great job, guys...

That was a hell of a shootout. I'm all teary thinking about how much I miss you.

Now please stop using that video of me without my shirt before I go get a lawyer.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Great test Guys, this is always one of the tests I look forward to on MO. Sure, it sounds like fun but I know it's a lot of work. Still... most of us have to work and you'll be getting no sympathy from me for "just doin' your job".

Just thinking about this class of Motorcycles lately causes pause.

If you just want to grab a gear at redline you're already doing "the ton".

These Motorcycles accelerate harder than, until relatively recently, I thought Motorcycles could.

What was that thing they always say about Power, again?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Great writing Pete, thanks for an awesome article.

Reading this article made me realize again how much I appreciate the main format of this website. It's clean, the article is all on one page, no need to hunt for the next page crap that forces you to see the blinking ads on the top and right constantly, you're not accosted by useless menus or rotating content. It's the way content should always be presented on the internet.

I sure hope that our new corporate overlords don't f*ck this up.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sigh.

Must continue to cower in shame, here in the Pit of Lost Face, as beloved R1 motor now lags behind all.

One day soon....half-drunk, half-assed multicolored wkend pretenders can brag again about ultimate dyno numbers....but not yet.

Not yet.

Nice test. Needs a haircut, kinda cute for this staff, outside of... The Almighty Her.

·
Registered
872 Posts
The 'onboard with the Duke' video made my hangover a lot worse.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Nice bikes for Texas. Maine, not so much.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Re: Liter bike plus

Here's the problem (or at least how I'm piecing it together):

Apparently, the 1098 (standard) press fleet has be decimated by crash-happy journalists. Ducati has offered 1098S models but some of the Japanese manufacturers object to that $20K model being compared to theirs.

Pete or Duke can correct this if it's wrong.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Why is that?

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Well, in Texas and similar states, you can blast the straights on your way to the twisties. In New England, there ain't no straights; riding a literbike here is like using a sledgehammer to drive a nail. Anything over a 600 is a waste, unless it's a nice torquey twin.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
I smell a redesign.

Tell them to keep it simple. I don't need to be dazzled, I need to be informed.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.