Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original Article:
2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 1100

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 1100 in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
I've seen it in the flesh and it is a sweet looking bike.

However, my local dealer is not very enamored of Piaggio these days. They are ordering Aprilias and Guzzis on a case by case basis these days.

Apparently Piaggio's customer service is sorely lacking.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Tommy can you hear me?

WOWEEE! 95% of the time I'm checking out Motorcycle.com at work, trapped in my cubicle hell. Today I'm off, and this is the first time I've viewed one of the videos on my home computer, which has an excellent sound system. I LOVE hearing the bike. It adds a whole new dimension to the article! The music was great too.

THAT is leveraging the media. Nice job guys, I'm going back and running the other videos. I had no idea what I was missing viewing at work on a laptop with no sound.

Oh yeah, the bike looked neat too.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
It's been out for over a year, guys. You're just now getting to a review and the 4v machine is about to hit. My understanding is that the 4v motor 1200cc motor is a much improved over the the current bike. Love the lines. Hate the fact that parts are still hard to come by. If I were to order the bike I would only have two dealers to choose from to service the thing and one (my former employer) won't sell New Guzzi's unless customers put money down first. Like Buz said about his local dealer- "not very enamored of Piaggio these days. They are ordering Aprilias and Guzzis on a case by case basis these days."
Seems like Guzzi is still a crap shoot. I'll keep waiting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am smitten by this bike as well, and I'm eating up anything and everything Guzzi these days, which I guess is why I agree that it seems a little long to wait for a review by my gold standard of motorcycle internet goodness. It was worth the wait though. However, the new guys in charge need to get their news department in swing, the only mention of the 1200 8V (that hopefully will be on it's way soon) is at a small blurb at the bottom of the article that simply calls it a new color option and wave rotors!?!?! Nothing about the revolutionary (for Guzzi) motor or anything. And another thing they seemed to ignore is the fact that the heat from the "oh so cool" side mounted oil cooler melts the finned plastic cover and completely spoils the lines on the right side of the bike. It draws my eye in every shot of that side. I think that's a pretty big deal that the factory couldn't figure out a solution for that for a bike costing over $13K. It's not the first time I've seen this happen on the Griso, either, so it's clearly not an individual bike flaw. Still think it's sweet though and I'm holding out for the 8V. Hope they get a better plastic cover by then.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Nice bike up though I really don't care for the two into one exhaust.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Funny you should say that

Nice bike up though I really don't care for the two into one exhaust.
I was looking at the photos and thinking excatly the same thing. The exhaust sucks (pun intended). Somebody in one of the print mags said the high mount can mufflers look dated and clumsy, and I agree. Underseat cans look better, but the Buell-style as in the 1125R look better to me all the time.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I was looking at the photos and thinking excatly the same thing. The exhaust sucks (pun intended). Somebody in one of the print mags said the high mount can mufflers look dated and clumsy, and I agree. Underseat cans look better, but the Buell-style as in the 1125R look better to me all the time.
I'm not much for sportbikes but if Guzzi came out with a street legal Corsa I'd probably be all over it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Cool

I like it, but I'd like to see Gootzie bring in something like the old Daytona Sport, or maybe an updated Le Mans. I rode a Le Mans and liked it a lot. I saw a Le Mans the other day with over 24,000 miles on it and it appeared to be holding up well, except for that crazy crinkle paint on the engine cases, which was coming off. I hung around a bit to talk to the owner, but he/she never showed. Probably waiting for me to leave.

The videos with the articles aren't bad. Any way to make them full screen?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Griso 1100

I have owned over 50 motorcycles and if I could roll them all into one good one. One beautiful, unique, great handling, yet comfortable one; my new, shiny red Griso would be it. Oh wait, it IS it!!!

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Moto Guzzi has some pretty neat corporate history. Their founder basically invented the swingarm and rear suspension. He did an epic ride on his rear-suspension equipped bike across Europe all the way to the Arctic Circle. Apparently the trip earned MG quite a reputation and success in the market.

Is it just me, or does this bike remind anyone of the V-Rod, especially the frame and tank?

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
The exhaust is loaded with all the smog devices- most likely. Cat is probably hiding in there as well. Don't worry, some clever after-market company is probably working out a slip-on solution as we speak.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.