Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
These days the Big4 only do a couple of changes a year. Ho-hum. Yawn.

Where's that GSX1400? That's what I wanna test ride.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Back to the 2005 colors (probably leftovers). Not even the BNG (bold new graphics) treatment. Disappointing.

Price is the same but they probably should have cut it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
The Big Change...

Is actually in the DL650, which now offers ABS as an option for just an extra $400. The SV650 and SV650S also offer the ABS for an additional $1000. Why it's so much more expensive on the SV is a mystery and makes the DL that much more of a bargain.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Re: The Big Change...

I just picked up an 07 non-ABS DL650. The available ABS is not the only change. They're now using dual spark heads and new throttle bodies. The motor is slick as buttered glass.

The ABS won't be available in the States for another month, but there's some disappointment amoung Strom riders as it doesn't appear to have an Off switch. Not too cool if you want to get your Strom dirty.

·
Registered
56 Posts
No, there are others:

New Features

New clear turn signal lenses for a sporty image and new swingarm pivot covers for a smoother surface on the frame.

It's apparent they know which model is more impportant.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That Bandit may well be the sleeper bargain touring bike of the year. ABS, a center stand, a liquid-cooled 1250cc engine and decent wind protection for $8799? The weight is a little high though, and the suspension pieces are probably junk at that price.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks for the summary....which turned out to be a complete report. You gave away the ending by telling what the colors were. In the future be less detailed and pique the readers interest. Because of your reporting style I for one will probably read nothing more about der V Strom for at least 12 months when I tune in again for the choice of color.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
This was a bit of a suprise. The Vstrom Forums were expecting a bit of a redo for the K-Strom - ABS and better wheel/tire sizes at a minimum. Many rumours were coming out of Europe with mid 07 release of an 08 revamp. Maybe that is why no ABS. Or not.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.