Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew a good exhaust for the 2007 yamaha r6. It is my understanding that there is a baffle in the 07 r6 in the front of the can that adjusts for proper back pressure. I have read and heard that when it is taken out the bike could actually loose horsepower, even with the gain of a new full system. I am nervous to get a slip on or a full system due to this, but I would like to add horsepower and drop weight. Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks ~ Adam

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
I was wondering if anyone knew a good exhaust for the 2007 yamaha r6. It is my understanding that there is a baffle in the 07 r6 in the front of the can that adjusts for proper back pressure. I have read and heard that when it is taken out the bike could actually loose horsepower, even with the gain of a new full system. I am nervous to get a slip on or a full system due to this, but I would like to add horsepower and drop weight. Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks ~ Adam
Nah, just find yerself a Ti Akro full-exhaust in some Blizzing-Yo! colour an' a PC-III USB an' don't worry about all the people you pyss-off 'cuz it's at an ear-shattering decibal-level afterward.

It's your money. Spend it how you like. C'mon man! Be a Good American Consumer! The Economy's hurtin'!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Generally, the best exhaust system for your bike is the one that it came with. Unless you can find someone who sells a replacement that has been proven on a dyno you're wasting your time. The rub is that you don't know if the guys advertising their system are telling you the truth. Some aftermarket systems will give a couple more peak hp at the expense of the rest of the power curve which makes the bike slower than stock anywhere but on a track.

Choose wisely. But the bike stock already gets about 180hp/liter displacement. Hard for some guys in a garage in SoCal to beat.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Why in the f**kin' hell would you ditch a stock tuned Titanium exhaust for some aftermarket piece? Just about any aftermarket system will rob low end torque for a possible gain at high RPM. The factory exhaust w/ EX/UP valve is tuned to give the best performance possible through out the RPM range, Do you think a noisier can is going to top that? Save your money for tires and track days, the bike works fine as is, leave it alone.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Cut all the headpipes off at about 6 inches from the exhaust port, and weld on some JC Whitney chrome ATV silencers. Make it look and sound like an old Type C Auto-Union.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Cut all the headpipes off at about 6 inches from the exhaust port, and weld on some JC Whitney chrome ATV silencers. Make it look and sound like an old Type C Auto-Union.
I vote for cuddy's!

Best Bang-for-yer-buck here!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.