Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear staff:
When you will make the Kawasaki Concours vs BMW K1200GT vs Yamaha FJR1300 vs Honda ST1300 shoot-out, please make sure to run 100 miles with a passenger on each bike and have his opinion recorded as well.
Thanks,
NP

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Since You Ask

Anything else? :rolleyes:
Make sure there are representatives from each of the key weight classes, Large, Really Large, and Jumbo Deluxe.

Include one manic-depressive, one who loathes motorcycles to begin with, and one chronic alcoholic who smokes heavily.

Ensure the passengers fill their bags with lead bars or whatever the equivalent they actually put in their bags is.

Include one passenger who's just started dating the rider, one who's just about to divorce the rider, and one passenger who you're not sure what her real first name is, but goes by something like "Amber Lynn."

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Make sure there are representatives from each of the key weight classes, Large, Really Large, and Jumbo Deluxe.

Include one manic-depressive, one who loathes motorcycles to begin with, and one chronic alcoholic who smokes heavily.

Ensure the passengers fill their bags with lead bars or whatever the equivalent they actually put in their bags is.

Include one passenger who's just started dating the rider, one who's just about to divorce the rider, and one passenger who you're not sure what her real first name is, but goes by something like "Amber Lynn."
Sounds reasonable! :cool:

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I'm technically single, not middle aged, nor bitter, BUT I would still love to take part in that test. Maybe I'd even bring my Concours along to compare the old with the new. :)

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Excellent. That would be a solid review.

Include a single, bitter, middle-aged man that was just dragged through a nasty divorce and the shoot-out would be complete.
You bastids. What about the growing number of women riders who want to know all about these bikes too? I could just have known that you would have completely ignored us if I weren't around to whip you all into line.

We need to have an equal complement of women testers too. Complete with whiny male passengers. ;)

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
You bastids. What about the growing number of women riders who want to know all about these bikes too? I could just have known that you would have completely ignored us if I weren't around to whip you all into line.

We need to have an equal complement of women testers too. Complete with whiny male passengers. ;)
Only my restraint and modesty prevents me from telling you what I really think! :D

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Ok, include a middle-aged women with severe hatred to anything that has a par of balls due to constant let downs and emotionally vacant relationships combined with social and economic beatings of inequality. Her passenger will be a 40-something chubby, pasty male with disturbing mother issues and performance anxiety.

Throw in a 21 year old female restaurant hostess with extreme father issues. Her passenger will be her current boyfriend that she met last night who is a frat guy that has repressed his homosexuality by channeling it into sudden rage and heavy drinking.

Have we rapped up the stereotypes?

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Dodged That Bullet

Wow, it's a good thing I didn't throw in that crack about one of the passengers being her "monthly cycle" I was thinking about. Not only would it have been petty and sexist, but but also simply inappropriate for this family-oriented website.

·
The Toad
17,451 Posts
Oh yeah, don't forget you need a black/hispanic/asian/caucasian mix amongst the testers in exact proportion to the national averages of races in the USA. Or else that hippie Kenneth Moore will call in the ACLU.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
I'll See You in Court, Sir!

Oh yeah, don't forget you need a black/hispanic/asian/caucasian mix amongst the testers in exact proportion to the national averages of races in the USA. Or else that hippie Kenneth Moore will call in the ACLU.
As a black/hispanic/asian/caucasian mix, I object to the term "Hippie." "Bleeding Heart Liberal Democrat" is far more appropriate. I work for General Electric, for crying out loud!

·
The Toad
17,451 Posts
Dang, sorry.

As a black/hispanic/asian/caucasian mix, I object to the term "Hippie." "Bleeding Heart Liberal Democrat" is far more appropriate. I work for General Electric, for crying out loud!
I thought the word "hippie" WAS short for "bleeding heart liberal democrat". My mistake.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.