Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Excellent Review... GPTB this is the future get used to it.. Gas prices are only down till election is over. I saw another scooter today. Using one in the HOV lane would of saved me 70% of my 2.5 hour commuting time today. A couple accidents on 405, more rain and a Microsoft presentation at the convention center screwded the system up today.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Re: AUTO TRANS IN THE TWISTIES?

Even with a scooter's admirable qualities and handling comparable to a cruiser, I'd miss having the control of a manual transmission on twisty roads.

Automatics are no fun in the twisties without shift paddles.

·
Registered
34 Posts
A few thoughts:

My previous ride was the inimitable Honda PC800. One day I was in the parking lot at a hardware store and an old fart (much older than my early fifties) asks me "Would that be considered a scooter?" I was insulted.

Which brings me to a thought: Can't there be a market for an updated version of the Honda Pacific Coast? I could ride comfortably on it considering my 6'1" frame and sold it to a woman who wanted it as it accommodated her 5'4 height very well.

Consider: My FF helmet fit in one side compartment while I be in the grocery store. Take out my helmet and presto! the two side compartment could hold two full bags of groceries or one bag and a 12-pack.

Scooters are actually quite cool in my book. But, I would like to see The MC makers scooterize a solid motorcycle while they are muscling up the scooters.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Re: AUTO TRANS IN THE TWISTIES?

But in the BIG city they are the schiznit.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"My previous ride was the inimitable Honda PC800."

OUCH! That had to hurt!

"Which brings me to a thought: Can't there be a market for an updated version of the Honda Pacific Coast?

Ummmm..............NO!

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"Excellent Review... GPTB this is the future get used to it.. "

And here I sit thinking biodiesel was the future. Damn, I was wrong again. If only I could be as smart as you......or change my mind as much as you.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Both maybe... :) Good point though. I bet you that gas will be $3.50 next summer. It will be back over $3.00 by January.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Good point. My wife worries when I ride it to work and it messes up my business causal clothes. :)

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
And gas was supposed to remain above $3 forever... remember?

Oh yeah... the incredibly stupid Bush is also a mastermind who can control worldwide gas prices to fix the election. The TRUTH is here!

How can anyone hold so many contradictory thoughts in his head at once?

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Or you can throw the food away and carry two 12 packs!

Or one twelve pack and 2 half-gallon bottles of Ripple!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.