Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cool line up. Thanks for the excellent preview.. Got back the bad news on my bike 10 days to get parts another 2 to fix it... Look like I am going to have find something to ride till then Maybe some test rides.... I love the fact Triumph doesn't put funky juevinille racer boy graphics on their bikes. Classy lines...

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
Whilst the Triumph lineup is cool, I have to make an observation or two -

The Tiger: Isn't YAMAHA making the FZ1 already?

(BTW - I *LIKE* the FZ1, and the Tiger as well!)

The Sprint ST: Do the Writers/Producers of "Battlestar Galactica" know that Triumph is about to ramp-up production of Cylon Centurions?

(Cylons make great Christmas Gifts!)

Still, triples have character - and this game of ridin' these machines we call "motorcycles" is all about who's the Strangest Character...........

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
Oh yeah, Gabe - WTF is the story behind THIS photo?

Did Fonzie snap your pic *just* as the bike was toppling-over, as you were reaching for a half-eaten bagel dropped accidentally behind the radiator?

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have no idea...

This photo was taken after two scotches, so I'm not sure what I was doing. The bike was not falling over. I think I might have been looking at the VIN; the two Tigers had prototype VINS, #1 and 2.

Should I be offended by the "bagel" comment? Do I need to call Senator Allen's office?

-Gabe

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am now in the ST1300/Concours 14/R1200GS sort of mood. if the Tiger makes a good blend of touring and sport, I mean does both superbly, it just might get my money.

It will depend on wether it has the legroom I want, the upright comfort I want, and the wind protection I want. Without that, claims of "all rounder" are just horse*****.

I've spent 13 hour days in the seat of a ZX-12R with a tall screen and a corbin. I loved doing that. Now I want a bike that can do that sort of thing well, but I don't want one that is a lardy overweight pig.

the Tiger is on my radar screen.....

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
I must have missed the "Daytona 1050" on my dealers floor last year. I do have a 955i though.

I can't wait for the Tiger to show up. I doubt the DL1000, GS, Ulyses, Multistrada..etc will be able to match the on road performance of the S3 motor fitted in the Tiger.(even with a little 'tune for torque')

I'll take mine in black with heated grips and luggage.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Re: I have no idea...

No, but noticing that two triumphs had the same vin number calls for some kind of reward--like the "I'm a DMV snitch" award that constitutes a scotch and a bagel.

·
The Toad
17,451 Posts

Pretty piddly reward.

A good reward would be one bourbon, one scotch and one beer.

·
The Toad
17,451 Posts
I'd been preparing to pull the trigger on an S3 but that Tiger looks sweet. Gotta go see one when they hit the showroom floor!

·
Registered
11,483 Posts

Should I be offended by the "bagel" comment?

Perhaps I should have said "English Muffin?"

A bagel just seemed to be an appropriate "free snack-food" item at a moto-unveilling, that's all.

;^D

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Have you lost your contact lenses? Street bike line up is just as ho hum wheeny wheeny as it ever was. But cruisers, I would go as far as to say they are the kickers of the butt of the moment.

- cruiz-euro

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
I've spent and hour or so on the new S3. It is sweet. I have a conflict with that much performance an no wind protection. OK, so I'm a sissy. I need to be able to do 70+ on the highway and not get beat to death.

+1 for the Tiger, I can't wait.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.