Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Excellent First Ride article Pete. Thanks.. The Laguna photos are a real treat.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: 2007 Yamaha R1 Foist Ride

..So what you're saying is, you can't light up the rear tire out of a corner with this one?

How sanitized. Maybe they can figure out some software to avoid old ladies in Volvos too.

Where are my wire cutters? Sefton?

AT EASE!

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

It's the future I am afraid... traction control, ABS, etc. are stuff that will be options on all bikes in the future. Might become standard equipment, hope not, would be nice to have a switch to turn it off and on. You make a great point. I guess if I riding on wet pavement in Seattle I would like to have ABS and TC on. But if it is a dry day. I might not.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts

o well you need the new gsxr then, it gots 3-position switch for normal, rain, and ah, something else?

Hard to see how lawyers let them get away with that. Your honor, my client asked for "Rain" and got "dry", causing him to spit himself headfirst into the bridge embuttment...

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts

Nope, nada. Nuttin.

Thinking of having it bronzed.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

Good point...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Nice tech write-up, but given the demographics of buyers you talked about, I'm surprised that there wasn't a word of mention about ergos, or livibility. I know that as a brand new model, you can't make reliability prophecies, but as high milage and commuting are a big part of what many folks buy this for, I was hoping that those points would have been developed in the article.

Right, right, forthcoming shootout; yeah, yeah, we only rode it on the track at the intro. But still, you must have developed SOME idea about these things in all of your uninterrupted track laps, eh?

·
Registered
37 Posts
So with improved midrange and the given fact that you can't really ride a liter bike to its potential on the road anyway, the R1 should be the best because it is the sexiest. Right? I also think it should only come in black.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Reliability and other thoughts...

The 2006 R1 has 26,000-mile valve-adjustment intervals, I imagine the 2007 is the same. Fuel economy for literbikes is always around 40mpg everytime I've measured, and the R1 has always been best-regarded for comfort. Since Pete reported the 07 seems the same ergonomically as the 06, it should keep that mantle.

Another thing is that the R1 always seems to make the tall guys happiest in our tests.

-Gabe

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: Reliability and other thoughts...

Wow thanks for the info. 26,000 miles vs 8000 miles for my Ninja. That's a lot better.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.