Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Think I found my new Black Thunder

Glad to see that Yamaha didn't let Burns near the design department like they did with the R6. The R1 still is the best looking liter bike. Classy lines no funky racer boy cheap looking graphics like Suzuki...You think Yamaha has an Italian on the payroll? Cause the R1 is sweet. Another fantastic year for Japanese sportbikes.. Is Yamaha going to race AMA superbike? I know Corser is going to Yamaha in WSB. Think I found my new Black Thunder and she speaks Japanese.. Good job Yamaha...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Hey think they are having an arm chaps review on MotorcycleCruiser.com

If you get there quick they are giving away do rags.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Ok you got me.. :) If you are a sportbike fan, you have to agree that Yamaha makes some real pretty bikes. Howcould anyone not get pumped up unless they were a cruiser guy?

·
Registered
352 Posts
If the improvements over the last 15 years an any indication it's probably a pretty significant difference in performance.

Add it's probably right around the price of the previous one, no need for a second mortgage here.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Re: Think I found my new Black Thunder

Can't argue there. I love the look and lines of GSX-R's but Suzuki's graphics/paint designers are some of worst on the planet (and have been for years). Yamaha "gets it" when it comes too looks and the spec's ain't bad either on the new R1. *grin*

·
Registered
352 Posts
Those fancy intake runners and crazy... I love these 'tech' pictures!

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Right seruzawa?

Yep I agree.. It's incredible how the price stays pretty low for these things. Now if Harley was making it they would be 30K right seruzawa? Compare the price of a V-Rod with that of a Yamaha Warrior.. or Kawasaki Mean Streak

·
Registered
306 Posts
I am a sportbike fan, but I'm just not interested in any of these bikes

WHere is their $40k Rossi GP replica! A production version of the two-wheel drive bike they used at Paris Dakar? How about a competitor to Suzuki's SV, Kawi's Ninja 650, etc..? How about a Supermoto?

Don't make assumptions about me--you don't even KNOW ME sucka!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
alls i know is i thought i was cured but then i been riding a new R6 lately and that thing is the shiznit. yeah, not so much midrange compared to a funny car i guess mebbe. So smoooooth and supple and light...

·
Registered
12 Posts
There go my plans to buy a new R1.

The styling is almost completely unchanged, and considering that I'd seen a concept illustration which is 10000 times cooler than this snoozejob, I'm very very let down.

That's not to even start on the whole 4 valve BS... God I need a beer.

·
Registered
352 Posts
well there is the $65k ducati GP replica... if you want a real fun bike though try a TZ250 ;)

2-wheel drive would be sweet to see in a production bike though!

·
Registered
5,030 Posts

"The R1 still is the best looking liter bike. Classy lines no funky racer boy cheap looking graphics like Suzuki...You think Yamaha has an Italian on the payroll? Cause the R1 is sweet. "

I agree with kpaul.

[gaaack! THUD!]

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts

Come on, stranger things can happen. Like the Russian guy claiming an asteroid is going to strike the Earth this month. Or how-a-bout me needing a 170+hp bike for the street.(or the track for that matter)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.