Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
The Toad
17,451 Posts
Calling Steven Hawking....

Whew. I'm sure glad that those passenger arm rests are three dimensional. My wife would really be p1ssed if bought one of these and the armrests were four dimensional and existed only in the past like the last bike's.

·
Registered
473 Posts
trademarked potatoes

"(you know why we can't say "potato-potato", right?) "

errrrr, actually, no. is it a carbohydrate thing? or has harley's legal department trademarked subterranian vegetables?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Gabe,

Does the lighter, smaller V-Star 1300 handle significantly better than the larger, heavier Roadliner?

That is, is it a sportier Star than the big dogs?

If so, that would make it a significant addition to the Star line.

·
Registered
361 Posts
"I always thought that Northern California had the sweetest twisty roads in the country, and then Yamaha flew me out to Asheville, NC to experience motorcycle bliss, Southern style."

There are a lot of nice roads around the country in addition to those in California. They aren't usable for all 12 months of the year, which is why there aren't any moto mag offices located in, say, St. Louis or Eureka Springs, but the roads are there.

I'm sure your readers could give you long lists of the best roads in every state, if you were to ask.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"Cooling fins on the heads keep the authenticity visual as well as sensual. "

Nothing like fake cooling fins to complete that 'authentic' look. Would they put these on an M109?? I THINK NOT!

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Since when is a 1300cc bike a "middleweight"?

Maybe it's time to hide that bottle of absynth in the palacial MO offices...

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
I think we need to add the M109 to the holy trinity of motorcycling which means we need to bounce one because I can't think of the proper name for a trinity when there are four things in it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah, that's what I thought. Nice bike but there are lots of nice bikes. This doesn't seem to seperate itself, at least from a distance. I haven't ridden one so I don't really know. All the metric cruisers are nice enough but, I don't really want one.

·
Registered
730 Posts
At what point does a cruiser crossover from middleweight to heavyweight? Is a Harley twin cam 88 (1480cc) a middleweight.? is that why they increased it to 96 cubic inches(approx 1750 cc)------to avoid the shame?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.