Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Gabe,

Does the lighter, smaller V-Star 1300 handle significantly better than the larger, heavier Roadliner?

That is, is it a sportier Star than the big dogs?

If so, that would make it a significant addition to the Star line.

·
Registered
361 Posts
"I always thought that Northern California had the sweetest twisty roads in the country, and then Yamaha flew me out to Asheville, NC to experience motorcycle bliss, Southern style."

There are a lot of nice roads around the country in addition to those in California. They aren't usable for all 12 months of the year, which is why there aren't any moto mag offices located in, say, St. Louis or Eureka Springs, but the roads are there.

I'm sure your readers could give you long lists of the best roads in every state, if you were to ask.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Re: Better? Different...

Thanks. That helps some. I road a Stratoliner on one of my favorite twisty roads, and although it has a very solid, composed feel, you still feel the weight as increasing effort at the bars, especially in high-speed sweepers. I guess I'll have to try to wrangle a ride on a 1300 from the same dealer around the corner from Route V.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.