Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

· Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I think we can bounce the old Concours. They aren't going to make it any more, and it's hard to be Holy when you can't get a new one. Besides, I think we can run with this M109 thing for a while.

· Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I don't know any good roads around here...not a one. I think they're all in Utah from what I heard...free beer too, even if it is that Miller *****.

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
No sacrilege please.

I agree. If the Concours is going to be expelled from the Pantheon of the Holy Trinity of Motorcycledom than much more somber consideration must be reflected in the decision. For yea the Big Kahuna speaketh "Bring me the jawbone of a kp and I will lay thee down the righteousness of two wheeled wonders. Showeth thee not the false graven images of poseurs or the Lord of Hosts will get medieval on thy buttocks" or something like that

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
Nope no good roads in Utah. Stay the fock away. No free beer. In fact no beer at all! No music either. Statewide 10PM shoot-on-sight curfew. Go to San Diego instead.

· Registered
10,900 Posts
The SV650, Concours, and VFR are part of the holy trinity according to past posts. No matter what the story, someone would always post "what about the (VFR,SV,Connie).

So, the trinity has become a sacrosanct part of MO. However, with the recent record posts about the exclusion of a bike that most of us have yet to see on the road (M109), I figured it was time to include it.

The Holy Quadrinity?

· Registered
29 Posts
One aspect of the V-Star 1300 engine design not mentioned in your article is the oversquare displacement configuration; rather odd for a cruiser. I'd assume that this may rob some low end torque in return for higher end power.

If that's the case, Yamaha, err...Star may have done so on purpose, recognizing that the market for middleweight cruisers may include some sportbike or standard riders who are more accustomed to using an entire powerband.

Clearly, Yamaha/Star has taken aim at the Honda VTX1300 and, it appears, come up with a superior product for about $600 more.

Honda's success with the VTX1300 may have played a role in other design decisions, as well. Star has apparently learned that it's best to make a middleweight cruiser that closely resembles its larger siblings than its smaller brethren. (One of the problems of the V-Star 1100 was that it was almost indistinguishable visually from the 650 version of the bike.) The family resemblance to the other, larger, Star bikes is, I think, very savvy.

At the same time, they had to guard against putting too much in their smaller cruiser to avoid killing sales for more expensive bikes. This, I suspect, is the reason the V-Star doesn't get the very trick removable windshield available for the Roadliner and Royal Star lines. The implication in the article that the permanent windshield is more stable is, I think, incorrect. They've done a great job with the removable shield on the other bikes. It's a shame that every manufacturer hasn't adopted such a great feature.

· Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
ok fine, come on up, it's beautiful here, except for getting dark at 430 and the 45 and raining for the next 5 or 6 months.

· Banned
3,775 Posts
Bounce the Connie?

Probably since it technically is being replaced by the higher priced Connie 14 right.

· Banned
3,775 Posts
New type of motorcycle UCM - Universal Cruiser Motorcycle

Ok cruiser fans I have to say it "They all look the same . If I saw this on the road I couldn't tell the difference between this and a Kawasaki or Suzuki..

Great Review by the way.. Excellent Pictures.. Love North Carolina...

"In my mind Im goin to carolina

Cant you see the sunshine

Cant you just feel the moonshine

Maybe just like a friend of mine

It hit me from behind

Yes Im goin to carolina in my mind"

Spent some good times there with girl named Amy..too bad i didn't ride back then..

21 - 40 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.