Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hails bells Buz,I remember when the big twin pans and shovels were 74 inches....the 84 inch strokers were considered unreliable behemoths. When the 80 inch shovels came out ,they kept making the 74s for a year cause some folk didnt trust the 80's. Course in the 40's you could buy a 61 or 74 inch "Big Twin" OHV knuckle(later pan) or a 74 or 80 inch big twin flathead. Big twin was strictly a term to differentiate from the 45 inch flatty. My uncle rode an 80 inch flatty into the 60's.....good maintenance and the damn thing was indestructible.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ok! here it is .... wait for it......... I would'nt trade my VFR for one. I saw a red M109 the other day that would make a nice addition to my fleet though. A dumb question. Why don't they sort the Fuel injection before they put a bike out to the adoring masses? Even the mighty VFR has a flat spot at 4500 RPM. Does FI need more refinement ? My old GS 850 had spot on fueling, for a heck of a lot less money.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Better? Different...

I don't know if the handling is better on the 1300, but it did feel much lighter and easier to handle. But it lacked the smooth, solid, positive feel I think the Roadliner has.

I hope that's helpful.

Gabe

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Re: No sacrilege please.

I admit "somber consideration" threw me for a second. I thought, how's the GPTB gonna get behind that? Imagine my relief at realizing that no call for sober consideration was made!

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
No

We already had two Yamahas. The point of the power cruiser thing was cruisers that can handle without scraping floorboards.

The 'Streak can go around corners ok until you start beveling your heels due to the forward controls.

It's kind of fun really to check the underside of your boots after a series of corners.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.