Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original Article:
2008 Buell Ulysses XB12XT Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Buell Ulysses XB12XT Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Nice job on the video! Really enjoyed the Gabe segment. Sorry the Nicecar bit was lost on me. Anybody follow Super Modifieds?

I've read another recent review of the bike. The simplicity of the hydraulic lifter engine is gaining interest, fuel economy looks pretty impressive as well.

That fan though, yikes! As I was leaving a gas station in the ADK last summer a Uly pulled in and the fan tripped, neck muscles were pulled by just about everybody in the area. A couple people soiled their pants. I guess you get used to it.

I've been offered a couple hour test ride on a 'Strada as soon as the sand is off the roads. I wonder if the local HD/Buell dealer will match that. Guess I'll have to make a phone call.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Eric done built my perfect bike. When the Uly came out, I thought, "Make it lower, give it bags, I'm there." Now I just need the money...

By the way, Editor Guy - "It's" is a contraction of "it is." The possessive is "its" (no apostrophe). It's not hi's, it's not her's, and it's not it's. It's his, hers and its.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I have just managed to get luggage racks from Germany. I haven't bought the hard bags yet. And now this. Turn key operation for 13. The 'Strada is stripped and would I even be able to ride a difference between the two, I doubt it. Current bike only has 20 k on it and I just spent way too much money on the suspension. I'm supposed to be a one bike at a time person, this is how it starts isn't it.

I suppose I should think of the money on the HB bags and top case that I would save. Suddenly I wish I hadn't pissed off my boss, I was feeling ****y, the other day.

Anybody need a set of hard case racks for a Ninja? No not even the folk that made it know how all the pieces go together, I've got their emails, honest.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Where is the road test of the Buell 1125R

Guys, while I appreciate articles on any Buell.

The Buell 1125R is at the dealers and in peoples hands.

WHERE IN THE WORLD is your write up an extended street ride and evaluation of the 1125r???

·
Registered
956 Posts
1125r

I can't recall any write ups on the bike other than ones that had somewhere in them, "... it's a preproduction model..." yada yada yada.

Just went and looked, all the reviews were done between July and Sept 07.

Would be nice to see one. From someone.

·
Registered
553 Posts
The lowered suspension (and the fact that it comes with a full set of bags) makes the Uly a lot more attractive for me. I wouldn't replace the Tuono with it but I'd happily buy it as a second bike if I could get it through committee.

·
Registered
540 Posts
When they throw the 1125 motor in one of these I'll be ready to belly up to the bar. Don't know if I can stand this Buellification though, sounds like the Harley marketing department hard at work. How about a comparo of this the Strom and the Tiger? Oh sure, throw a beemer in there too.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Rumor has it that Buell is planning to use the 1125 engine in a AT model sometime in the future. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

The Tiger looks better anyhow.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"When they throw the 1125 motor in one of these I'll be ready to belly up to the bar."

You sound like the hundreds of others that were going to 'belly up' when Buell got a 'real motor' in their bikes. Since the one 1125 my local dealer got is still sitting there after a few months, it looks like everyone lost the directions to the bar.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Wow, I'm going to have to disagree there... the Tiger is not as hideous as it once was but it's still sort of bug-eyed and awkward looking to me.
I loved the 90's tiger, though the last gen was a design nightmare to me. Looked like the designer spooned a blob of clay on the frame and said Voila! That or sneezed on the bike (the lime green paint scheme added to the sneeze factor). Though upon further reflection I came to the conclusion their intent was to rip off the GS. Unfortuanately if your going to make something as beautifuly ugly as a GS you better have cylinder heads sticking out the sides.

The new Tiger is a step in the right direction but to me looks like a jacked up new FZ1 when rolling towards me on the road.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
That's that same old crap from Laguna Seca about the preproduction models!!!

HELLOOO!!! I want a real road test of the production 1125r and a dyno run!
Why? we know its going to handle better than most people will use, it will be faster than most (sane and mature) people will go and be about as comfortable as sitting your ass on the short end of a 2x4.

Why don't you go test ride one?

I'm a photographer and i can't stand when the idiots that read the photo sites freak out that one site doesn't do a review of a camera. Either they want to know everything about the camera that going to a store could have told them or they want to be justified in their purchase.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.