Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Rumor has it that Buell is planning to use the 1125 engine in a AT model sometime in the future. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

The Tiger looks better anyhow.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
I loved the 90's tiger, though the last gen was a design nightmare to me. Looked like the designer spooned a blob of clay on the frame and said Voila! That or sneezed on the bike (the lime green paint scheme added to the sneeze factor). Though upon further reflection I came to the conclusion their intent was to rip off the GS. Unfortuanately if your going to make something as beautifuly ugly as a GS you better have cylinder heads sticking out the sides.

The new Tiger is a step in the right direction but to me looks like a jacked up new FZ1 when rolling towards me on the road.
Funny thing about the FZ1 is that if you put luggage and the right tires on the last generation's it'd be as good an Adventure tourer as any of them.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Congratulations!

The ah, FZ6 works pretty-good in that respect as well. Though ground-clearance leaves a bit to be desired "offroad" - the exhaust is all sorta bundled-under the engine. Makes for a good bashplate though. For one or two bashes, anyway...........
You have joined that select group of .00001% of AT riders who have actually been off of the pavement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.