Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Wow, I'm going to have to disagree there... the Tiger is not as hideous as it once was but it's still sort of bug-eyed and awkward looking to me.
I loved the 90's tiger, though the last gen was a design nightmare to me. Looked like the designer spooned a blob of clay on the frame and said Voila! That or sneezed on the bike (the lime green paint scheme added to the sneeze factor). Though upon further reflection I came to the conclusion their intent was to rip off the GS. Unfortuanately if your going to make something as beautifuly ugly as a GS you better have cylinder heads sticking out the sides.

The new Tiger is a step in the right direction but to me looks like a jacked up new FZ1 when rolling towards me on the road.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I like the Uly, I test rode one when they first came out with it and was pretty impressed. I wouldn't mind one at all, once I get some bills paid I just might buy one.
I was grinning like a fool (or grinning as a fool?) after my demo ride on the Uly, just cant /dont want to get used to short shifting. Hit the rev limiter at least 10 times in a half an hour ride. "Theres got to be another 2k of revs in there somewhere" my wrist kept telling me.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I noticed that too, just when things were starting to move along it kinda' petered out. I could live with that I guess, the real issue was the way too tall seat height and what seemed like about 15 degrees of turning arc in the forks. I had a hard time turing around on an albeit narrow two lane road without hopping on one foot and slipping the clutch like a newbie. Other than that I really liked it.
I can flat foot the big Uly, but the 12 point turn was annoying getting out of the stealerships parking lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.