Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
A friend and I rode up to a Harley/Buell/Can-Am dealer in Kenosha, Wisconsin, nearly two weeks ago to take demo rides on the Can-Am Spyder. The event was well organized, with computerized sign-in procedures and a short parking lot familiarization ride before a Can-Am rider led us out onto a series of country roads for about a 15-minute ride. I was impressed with the design of the vehicle, and it had lots of power. But with its wide track, the Spyder tended to hunt a bit on the irregular back road, unlike the smooth flow of a motorcycle.

I REALLY missed not having a front brake lever, especially since we were riding very unfamiliar machines and our tour leader was setting a pretty quick pace and urging us to keep together. As we slowed for corners or stop signs, I always had to hunt for the brake lever, and that made me nervous (the brakes worked very well once I managed to apply them).

I'm guessing that Can-Am is hoping to attract a fair share of motorcycle riders to the Spyder, and if that's true, I can't imagine why they wouldn't include a handbrake lever in the design. Without it, I would never consider buying one of these things.

Jim Quinn

1 - 1 of 1 Posts