Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
"Any big-picture-loving 20-something who writes a letter complaining about the lack of BIG

"Snip"

with a click, whether a physically challenged war vet or a petite woman."

As we say here...There, fixed that'n for ya.
I think you just don't see the "Big Picture". :roll:

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Yes, it shifts like a bike. No brake lever, though, just a brake pedal on the right.
I believe a clever person could overcome these so-called "limitations".

I also believe mscuddy is just a bit more than merely "clever".

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
And the one thing that needs the warning sticker most doesn't have any: PEOPLE!!!!
Tattoo seen on the back of a man's shaved head:

"Warning! This person is STUPID - Avoid Contact with Speaking Parts!"

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Actually, a 3 wheeled design is inherantly UNstable: there is a reason why all the trike ATVs left the market in a flood of lawsuits.
No, they left the market because of staged "yellow journalism" stunts on 20/20 and 60 minutes, et. al.

Much like the BS over the "exploding" Chevy/GMC pickup fuel-tanks.

I and several of my friends rode them constantly through the '80s - never once managed to turn one over, no matter WHAT stupidity we did with 'em. (but did come close a few times!) The major "problem" I saw with stability on these things was an absolute lack of any real suspension for the back - a couple of trailing-arms (sometimes!) & live axle and the "sponginess" of the underinflated rear tires was the extent of anything I remember on any of of those things.

By the time they developed any kind of independent rear-suspension, it was a moot point - they were "gone", and all that effort went to the 4-wheelers.

And of course, manufacturing only quads has made the offroad-powersports industry easily 110% safer. (/sarcasm)

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
By adding handlebars you'd turn riding elephants and river barges to motorcycles, according to your definition.
"Hey! I see you gotcherself a new Moto! How do you like it?"

"Oh, it rides OK, but cornering is somewhat sub-par.........."

(sound of trumpeting elephant in the background)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts