Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
"I've seen a lot of kvetching from 'purists' on various forums, but frankly, that type of snobbery just has no effect on me anymore."

What I can't figure out is why anyone would compare this vehicle to a motorcycle to begin with. Talk about "apples and oranges." It's like comparing a 4X4 pickup to a 2 seater sports car. Why would you? You pick the one that's right for your purposes and move on.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
The guys at the local dealership I spoke to said they did everything they could to get the Spyder to tip when they had one in for demo rides. No matter how hard they cornered, or any combination of braking and power they used, the thing was stable. Apparently lawsuit avoidance had a lot to do with the overall design and implementation of the various control systems.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Unfortunately, most designs are now developed around lawsuits and stupidity. We get waring stickers on motorcycles to tell us gasoline is flammable. No Shyt! Hell, the Easy-Bake Oven toy had to be recalled this year even though they ahve been making the thing for 40 years. Some kids couldn't figure out that a light bulb gets hot. I guess between lawsuits and the dumbing down of America, we will soon have 'safety' systems on just about everything. :cool:
And the one thing that needs the warning sticker most doesn't have any: PEOPLE!!!!

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Semantics

You're quoting a source that can be edited by anyone to reflect anything they want. Also, I said motorized- didn't I? If not it was intended. So, if a bike is a single-track, two-wheeled vehicle you have just eliminated the ENTIRE trike riding class by your narrow definition. Don't you think these "motorcyclist" would have a issue with that?
Can't we just call them: "tricyclists?" Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts