Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
5,048 Posts
Original Article:
2008 Harley-Davidson Models

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Harley-Davidson Models in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Ok, now, that url is completely busted, and I can't find the darned article to fix it. I'll come back in a bit and try again.
The Postbot is obviously a POS. Has nobody in the Administration noticed this?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nice article. Its easy to see the Fat Bob is just a parts bin special with a Fat Boy front end on a Dyna. I'm more interested in the Rocker's DNA. Does it have a standard Softail frame? Is that a Duece tank? FX forks or something new?

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
There seems to be a lot of neat design ideas in the Rocker. Pete's comment: "combining look, sound and feel with actual riding performance and a reasonable level of comfort" is pretty high praise.

I wonder if anyone in the aftermarket is busy figuring out how to exploit that Trick Seat hardware for backrests, saddlebag mounts, or heated pizza delivery boxes...or maybe HD already has that stuff in the 08 parts catalog?

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Well....

I wonder if anyone in the aftermarket is busy figuring out how to exploit that Trick Seat hardware for backrests, saddlebag mounts, or heated pizza delivery boxes...or maybe HD already has that stuff in the 08 parts catalog?
... if there's no way to attach a milk crate then what's the point?

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I like the styling of the FatBob, but the "Rocker" just turns me off.
They can have the Rocker. The FatBob would be a possibility, but I think the new V-Rods are pretty nice now. They got rid of the solid wheels, attached Brembos, added a 5 gallon gas tank, and pumped in a little more horsepower. I could see myself on a Night Rod.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
And it was about 10 grand cheaper.

I always liked the Drifter. Was it an Indian knock-off? Sure. But it seemed to be a better knock-off than the last Indians were.

And the Harley model should be rather successful since the base model is 18 grand and it is definitely targeting the custom segment. Which will cost you at least 10 grand more from one of the smaller boutique shops.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
What I liked about the Drifter...

And it was about 10 grand cheaper.

I always liked the Drifter. Was it an Indian knock-off? Sure. But it seemed to be a better knock-off than the last Indians were.

And the Harley model should be rather successful since the base model is 18 grand and it is definitely targeting the custom segment. Which will cost you at least 10 grand more from one of the smaller boutique shops.
...was that at the time it was a better Indian retro than the actual Indians that were being sold back then. I liked the lack of chrome like the old bikes had... black paint everywhere. It's just those stupid solo saddles I didn't like.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
I'm not a "cruiser kind of guy", but I could mebbe do the Fat Bob.

With a few modifications..........

(OMG! Did I just admit I liked the looks of a Harley?)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.