Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Graphs from magazines, dyno jet's website, etc show that the power is down on the USA 08 cbr at the very top; It tops off at 10,800 and flattens out for the rest of the party, whereas in the UK the bikes are pulling about 10 extra HP at 12,000. Has motorcycle.com talked to honda about this? There is a huge thread on it over at another forum.

08 CBR1000rr is less powerfull in the us than anywhere esle! - Page 85 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

It appears to be some sort of ignition limit, as the power curve's on both bikes are the same except for up top. More proof that it is ignition is that a power commander with the ignition add-on will fix the issue completely.

I thought that I would bring this to light here so that we can get as many people as possible asking Honda WTF is going on. I encourage you to call Honda customer service.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Sorry spinkick - looks like you picked the wrong forum if you were looking for people that give a rat's ass about a couple of missing HP on a 150HP+ motorcycle.

Try cruiz-euro.

(P.S. - we're part of the Conspiracy! But don't tell anyone else, or EVERYBODY will want in on it too!)

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Sorry spinkick - looks like you picked the wrong forum if you were looking for people that give a rat's ass about a couple of missing HP on a 150HP+ motorcycle.

Try cruiz-euro.
No, our dear Cruiz is just pissed at the 64hp that he is stuck with on his Fatboy.

He'd be able to sell it for something "better", but unfortunately he's dropped it about two dozen times. So the resale value has taken a bit of a hit...or drop in this case.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I KNEW I was doing something wrong! I knew I had a TRACTOR, but a lawnmower??? This is just awful. Good luck on that 250...you're gonna need it BAR!

Thanks, once again, moderators, for keeping others down and not allowing us to have fun because we have less than 120hp.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Not to be presumptuous and not caring about the facts of the article, but are the dynos the same?

No, really, how many uf us are able to ride a 1000rr bike to its wits end? Show hands- one or two people here may qualify but most of us couldn't ride a simple Hypermotard to its edge.

Get over the whole HP thing. It doesn't help your own lack of skill.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
On the street there is nothing you can ride to the limit unless you have a death wish, so the horsepower conspiracy is really a moot point. I read the thread the guy posted, and one owner was completely happy with his 08 until he read the thread, and now he wants to know how to get that horsepower back that he never knew was missing. Classic!

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
By Golly That's Right !!!!!

Not to be presumptuous and not caring about the facts of the article, but are the dynos the same?

Those slimey Limey's are using Whitworth calibrated dynos built by Lucas, no wonder there readings are off !!!!

If you correct their flagrantly neo-Communist readings into go old God Fearing U.S.of A. readings why we come out about 15 HP ahead, just as Jesus told us we would.....

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
On the street there is nothing you can ride to the limit unless you have a death wish, so the horsepower conspiracy is really a moot point. I read the thread the guy posted, and one owner was completely happy with his 08 until he read the thread, and now he wants to know how to get that horsepower back that he never knew was missing. Classic!
Maybe someone could mention to those poor squids that the same bike on different dynos will get different readings. The same bike on different days on the same dyno will get different readings. The same bike on the same dyno can take 3 readings in a row and they'll all be different. An European CBR in the alps will get less hp than a US CBR in Los Angeles. So what?

Much ado over nothing.

As the little Germman guy on "Laugh-In" used to say, "Very interesting... but schtoopit!"

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.