Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
problems

Not yet- the tranny noise is just from a straight cut 5th, factory is pretty much saying deal with it. For heat, they have the engine temp management download that cuts fuel to the rear cyl in certain situations to help cool.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I don't understand the heat issue, you're sitting on top of a large aircooled engine with a fairing and lowers, doing your 10 mile an hour "parade" like a drunken Shriner and you're surprised your ass is cooking?

The downside of selling to 60 year old "return riders" I guess.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Any words on improvement in the heat and/or tranny noise everybody is griping about?
It's as if H-D is the only one having fueling/heat problems with the new emissions regs.

Can anyone say Yamaha? The FZ1 had fueling problems. The new R1 has problems. The big S/T bikes are total roasters.

All the new bikes are running so lean. Wait until CARB decides to make 'em 50% cleaner!

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
I don't understand the heat issue, you're sitting on top of a large aircooled engine with a fairing and lowers, doing your 10 mile an hour "parade" like a drunken Shriner and you're surprised your ass is cooking?
Isn't that how you're s'posed to ride a Cruiser? Just like all Sportbikes MUST be ridden at 157.3mph........

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
.....and that's just through a SCHOOL ZONE...........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.