Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original Article:
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R First Look

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R First Look in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Innaresting

I think it is funny how an article about a new Kawasaki has a big flash ad featuring Yamaha prominently right at the beginning of it. At first glance, it appeared to be an article about Yamahas. The new MO is a good example of capitalism at its most hilarious. It's like listening to the radio and hearing one song, then enduring 5 minutes of commercials.

The article itself was just a puff piece. It had no more info than the press release that followed. Probably would have been better to just run the press release by itself.

Man, I hate to be critical.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
The article itself was just a puff piece. It had no more info than the press release that followed. Probably would have been better to just run the press release by itself.

Man, I hate to be critical.
Let's see, we give you everything Kawi gave us. Then we also describe how the new specs match up with the old, plus make some comments on the new styling and observations about what we can see has changed. I repeat: We gave you everything Kawi gave us, and then gave you more. And for this we are criticized? Do you also poke fun at bartenders who gives you a healthy pour?

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Let's see, we give you everything Kawi gave us. Then we also describe how the new specs match up with the old, plus make some comments on the new styling and observations about what we can see has changed. I repeat: We gave you everything Kawi gave us, and then gave you more. And for this we are criticized? Do you also poke fun at bartenders who gives you a healthy pour?
But..... this new rope is all stiff and scratchy, and hurts my neck something awful............

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
:cool:

Dammit! Won't let me post just a smilie.......

·
Registered
330 Posts
I repeat: We gave you everything Kawi gave us, and then gave you more. And for this we are criticized?
This is why I hate to criticize. It hurts people's feelings.

I re-read the article, and I'll stand by my original assessment, it was kinda thin. But also no skin off my nose, so I should have kept quiet. I'll make it up to you by renewing when my subscription runs out in a couple of days.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Sure, we admit the article was thin, but it was all we had to work with (well, except for the full details and pics we now have but can't release until next week).

Glad you hear you'll renew your sub anyway! I get 1% of every 1% of every sub ;)

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Schizophrenic?

I have to agree with Mr. Duke here. I recall endless whining posts ragging on MO for missing the boat on the latest and greatest bikes and other breaking news. I haven't seen this much new content on this site since I joined. So what if they put out the press release? I like to read that stuff.

Kevin, you can send my official "MO Butt Kisser" tee-shirt out now.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have to agree with Mr. Duke here...
Kevin, you can send my official "MO Butt Kisser" tee-shirt out now.
You've certainly earned it.

I suppose feedback could be characterized as whining, but perhaps it would be more valuable for those running the site to consider it fortunate that people care enough to let them know what they think. If you are going to try to make money off of something like this, you have to give people what they want, so it is a good thing to know what that is.

I've been hanging around here a long time, longer than the 2001 it says on my info. I remember MO before they went subscription. There was much more content back then, and more variety of writers. But I have ben paying up ever since, so I must think I am getting my 12 bucks worth.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.