Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
I have been checking these things out and my drivers license is starting to quiver at the thought. It barely survived the Busa experience. If I was in the market for another bike (I am), I would seriously consider this one (I will). After seeing the review, it's going to take all the willpower I have not to go buy one. I got the junkie shakes just watching Duke run those 9's!! Do I really need one of these guys??
More power to ya. My license barely survives owning Bandits and Zrexs. I know I'd be spendin' a vacation at public expense if I bought one of those ZX14 gems. Awesome ride. I haven't the self-discipline to own one.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Always remember.

Nice write up Kevin!! What an exciting time to be in the market for a new scoot. I am in the market for a big comfy/sporty ride and really like this thing. This bike called me down to the local Kawi Dealer and I was really impressed with the Midnight Blue version...Its awesome in person...Now if only I can get wifey to understand why my 600 should be relegated to track day sorties....
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Leave the Connie14...

It's weird because the Connie won the Motorcyclist test and didn't do so well in other shootouts. It all depends on what criteria you use to judge em I guess. I think that new Connie would be a sweet ride, and I am seriously considering the 14. I'm going to make a go for the Bandit, because it's the smart move. If that falls through, I'm getting a black 14. It's in the cards.
... to me in your will. It's what a bud would do.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Really?

>I'm hoping for a comparison by MO soon on the C14 vs. FJR, ST,
>and a comparo of ZX14 and Busa.

I second that. FJR has had a big impact in Europe. In Finland it was best selling bike for two years running, of all models and sizes. Group of people from my club ride to across the continent to Estoril Portugal every year, two thirds of them ride FJRs and pretty much the rest are planning to buy it.

- cruiz-euro
They sold more FJRs than, say, Ninja 250s?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts