Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original Article:
2008 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
For those that are in no particular hurry to be anywhere, yet arrive in style you have found your bike.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
I'm not used to Moto Guzzis being called "small and light".

Thousands of motorcyclists demand more simple standard bikes be imported to the USA. As a result of this popularity approximately 15 of these Guzzis will be sold.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It is a nice looking bike! So.. are you guys using the same writer as motorcycledaily.com? The past couple of motorcycle write ups have been identical to the write ups on their site.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
It is a nice looking bike! So.. are you guys using the same writer as motorcycledaily.com? The past couple of motorcycle write ups have been identical to the write ups on their site.
Nah, they cheat here at Motorcycle.com. Cut 'n paste, download photos and re-post, they even contact the other site's advertisers and undercut the price. All this so they can pass the savings along to you, their valued customer.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Thousands of motorcyclists demand more simple standard bikes be imported to the USA. As a result of this popularity approximately 15 of these Guzzis will be sold.
Sad but true.

Unless of course the people involved in the huge rush to scavange every motorcycle that can be found don't go looking for a race replica or life style bikes. Perhaps the great wave of the unwashed will be willing to buy a "motorcycle". Just maybe, it could be the saving grace, just maybe if we don't get over run by the lemmings...

Get away, that's my bike and no it's not for sale, jeez.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
I'm not used to Moto Guzzis being called "small and light".

But hey - if that's so - sales will be up over 40%! That's Industry Beating!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Looks like a pretty cool bike. I'm partial to that old Europian styling. Too bad I'd have to lose about 60 pounds to have a good time on it :)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I REALLY want one. Same way I've drooled over the Scrambler (as wellas the old CLs) I really don't know why but the old retro standards really click for me. Lets see what it sells for.

Now only if i could find a dealer with in 200 miles..... wait didn't someone else say that?

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
We've got a dealer down the road from me in Oceanside. You can keep it my garage if you want.
A Guzzi dealer in Oceanside? No kidding - which one??

I gave up on Geese largely because of the incompetence of a certain dealer that is closer to me.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
You could always..

I gave up on Geese largely because of the incompetence of a certain dealer that is closer to me.

...ship your bike to Portland or Seattle... MG has always caught my eye from the 70's LeMans to the new Norge, Stelvio and Copa Italia V11, totally cool bikes IMO and an excellent dealer right down the road...(hmmm what was the credit union's number again)..

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I've owned three, all from Moto International (or its predecessors.) Great dealership, great people. Dave Richardson is a wonderful guy to deal with. But down here in San Diego - feh.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts

Vespa Oceanside. GP in San Diego gave up on Guzzis because of poor support.

Vespa O'side carries Vespa, Piaggio, MG and Aprilia now.

Of course that was a few months ago. They might be out of business now!

·
Registered
277 Posts
About five miles, I'd guess. I rode a T-100 last year and was astonished at its total lack of character and oomph. The V7 will beat in the midrange, easily, even if the T-100 has it at the top. Who takes a retro to the redline, anyway?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts