Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original Article:
2008 QLINK Legacy 250

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 QLINK Legacy 250 in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
"In terms of performance, the Legacy 250 won't be breaking any land-speed records, but seeing as this bike is meant for beginners, that's probably not a bad thing. Motorcycle.com will be putting the Legacy through its paces for a full review in the coming weeks, but the folks at QLink tell us that the top-out speed, depending on the weight of the rider, is 55 mph and up."

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
It should be interesting what the top speed is. it weighs a claimed 60 pounds more than a virago 250, and I can get one of those bastard to about 75mph.
My first bike - a '71 Honda CL100 - I could get up to almost 60 (~95kph for our SAE-challenged friends).

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Mmmmm... although a Chinese 250 automatic with a plastic covered engine is not what first pops into mind, it'll be very interesting to see the test. You never know when some drug crazed Belorussian pimp shoots your left leg right off. You'd be needing exactly this sort of thing.

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
"You never know when some drug crazed Belorussian pimp shoots your left leg right off."

Great! That particular hazard never occurred to me. Now I have something else to worry about!

·
Registered
7 Posts
"In terms of performance, the Legacy 250 won't be breaking any land-speed records, but seeing as this bike is meant for beginners, that's probably not a bad thing. Motorcycle.com will be putting the Legacy through its paces for a full review in the coming weeks, but the folks at QLink tell us that the top-out speed, depending on the weight of the rider, is 55 mph and up."
Ah, I must have glossed over that bit. I guess I am just predisposed to some negativism here. The article was basically just reading like a marketing release with some additional interpretation thrown in.

It still puzzles me a little... I don't think this is a bike that the motorcycling public has been waiting for with great expectation. I don't think we need any statements like "the review is coming real soon now" to keep us in check for this bike (unlike, say, with a big multi-bike shootout).

*shrug*

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Ah, I must have glossed over that bit. I guess I am just predisposed to some negativism here. The article was basically just reading like a marketing release with some additional interpretation thrown in.

It still puzzles me a little... I don't think this is a bike that the motorcycling public has been waiting for with great expectation. I don't think we need any statements like "the review is coming real soon now" to keep us in check for this bike (unlike, say, with a big multi-bike shootout).

*shrug*
Me personally, I'd rather read an article about an odd and funky bike like this than some cruiser or sport bike shoot out where the models hardly change from year to year. We all now the big four sport bikes are great and a cruiser is more comfort and styling than anything else. And all the big manufacturers make reliable bikes these days.

So yeah, bring on the strange bike reviews from smaller companies.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Notice the differential bore pistons on the front brake caliper. Pretty techy for an entry level cruiser.
My wife bought a used Virago 250 a couple of years ago but couldn't get used to working the clutch and gears while learning to ride. She's never driven a car with a clutch pedal either. She sold the Virago after a year but she's very interested in learning more about this Chinese Legacy thing.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Located under the seat, the USB port allows the rider to play downloaded music on an iPod, MP3 player or memory stick.

In a related story, General Electric announced today their exciting new "Silver Star" all-immersible pop-up toaster. The toaster comes with 2GB of DRam non-volatile memory and a 3 port USB hub. Firmware updates may be required prior to use. See GETOASTER.com for details.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
You mean...

Located under the seat, the USB port allows the rider to play downloaded music on an iPod, MP3 player or memory stick.

In a related story, General Electric announced today their exciting new "Silver Star" all-immersible pop-up toaster. The toaster comes with 2GB of DRam non-volatile memory and a 3 port USB hub. Firmware updates may be required prior to use. See GETOASTER.com for details.
... like one of these?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I don't know about the odd little scooter/bike thingy, but they build a little 200cc supermoto bike that they sell for around $1700 that's a blast to play with on the city streets of Hotlanta. I've sent worse money on things not running before.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I love cheap little bikes. I could see owning one if it is reliable.

So...how are they? Does crap fall off and break down every other mile or are they about average for today's bikes?
For that money it should last at least two yrs. I figure that's worth toy money. Not terribly strong machines but if you only need to meet about 45-55 mph you're in the house. On the streets it's pretty fun. Haven't played in the dirt with one but the suspension is decent so who knows.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.