Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original Article:
2008 Suzuki GSX-R600 Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Suzuki GSX-R600 Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Oh sweet...

I've been thinking about a GSXR-600 for a while now, but the brake rotors were always a little too thick for my liking. Looks like '08 is my year now that a half millimeter has been shaved off.

Seriously though folks, I'd take one if you gave it to me. But then I'd sell it to somebody else who won't use it properly either. When I was 16 these bikes were the shiznit. Now I appreciate the engineering and technology, and I enjoy watching them in the right hands, but that's about it.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Seriously though folks, I'd take one if you gave it to me. But then I'd sell it to somebody else who won't use it properly either. When I was 16 these bikes were the shiznit. Now I appreciate the engineering and technology, and I enjoy watching them in the right hands, but that's about it.
I know of a certain Seattle-based Engineer that could show us a thing or two on the track..............

:cool:

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I just need to move my hands to my elbows and my feet to my knees and I may just be able to fold up enough to ride one. Though I may be willing to try and fold up on the new KTM RC8 as they are saying its more relaxed than most race reps. I got an orange fixation lately...

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
There's always a positive side.

I just need to move my hands to my elbows and my feet to my knees and I may just be able to fold up enough to ride one. Though I may be willing to try and fold up on the new KTM RC8 as they are saying its more relaxed than most race reps. I got an orange fixation lately...
Look at the world as a glass half full, not half empty. You can just call this thing "The Pimply-Faced Teenager Eliminator". The perfect thing to get for your pesky 15 year old.

This concept has possibilities. I bet it would work on a lot of adults too. I suggest we take up a collection and buy one for each politician currently running for office.

There's a cure for your need for speed anyhow. It's spelled T-U-O-N-O. All of the speed - none of the pain.

·
Registered
46 Posts
"The Pimply-Faced Teenager Eliminator".
LOL I went by the MegaBikesMulipleBrandsDealer today. I thought my 05 R6 was borderline comfy. The new crop of 600s are tiny and cramped. Think I have mentally and physically grown out of them..On my way back home I stopped by the Buell/Harley dealer to sit on a Buell 1125. Ah that felt good. Now I need to just find some Pimply-Faced Teenager to buy my R6.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Look at the world as a glass half full, not half empty. You can just call this thing "The Pimply-Faced Teenager Eliminator". The perfect thing to get for your pesky 15 year old.

This concept has possibilities. I bet it would work on a lot of adults too. I suggest we take up a collection and buy one for each politician currently running for office.

There's a cure for your need for speed anyhow. It's spelled T-U-O-N-O. All of the speed - none of the pain.
Love the Tuono's but the knee notches on the tank are about 3 inches too low. I cant win...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I find it interesting that this site hasn't reviewed a Daytona 675 which in most people's opinions in still the class leader and 2 time winner of the Master Bike series in Spain. Maybe that's why the new Gixxer impresses you.

It's nothing close to a 675 and it's not the extra 75ccs either. I've ridden both and if you know what's good for you don't try to go against one with a semi-capable rider, it will embarrass you.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Is this what it's come to lads? 7 posts? Where is Kpaul? Off at some McCain rally?
Oh, he's Lurking About.

Count on it.

(Hi KayPee!)

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Actually MO has reviewed the 675 two or three times.
2006 shoot out:
http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/choose-your-weapon-best-of-the-best-2006-13780.html

It appears one or two of the reviews no longer exist on the site when the transitioned over to the new format. I now one of the reviews were done on a reader bike, which I believe was the first year the bike was released, and I could have sworn it was involved in another shoot-out other than the 2006 review.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Beautifully written and photographed, but still - another 600 review?
Yeah, I know how you feel. But for some reason, people love hearing about the .2% increase in performance, or that its 18 ounces lighter, etc...

Don't get me wrong, they are fantastic bikes. But when it comes down to buying them, for the most part, it is what bike fits you best as the performance is so far beyond what you need for the street that the model really doesn't matter much.

Now, if you are looking for strictly a track bike I can see how the little difference may be important. But how many actually do that?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I think we need the good old KP back. And what has happened to my good old friend longride, finally suffocated to his own vomit? Get those two back on the thread and the site is rocking again.

- cruiz-euro

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I'm here 'rolling burnout' head. Your buddy is trying real hard to come back. Doubt it will work though. Notice how all the clowns that ran to Cycle World are back? That board has some of the dumbest f&cks I ever saw anywhere. Too bad Gabe is stuck there in starched shirt land.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts