Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original Article:
2008 Victory Vision - First Ride

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Victory Vision - First Ride in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Nicer to look at than my first impression a few months ago(pictures taken under artificial lights are deceiving).

Pricey, but HOLY F'N *****! I added-up all the weight of bike, fuel, rider, pillion (est.) and a weekend's worth of stowage, and come up with something like 1350 lbs! No wonder you only got ~30mpg.

Crikey! That Wing-ding-thing Honda makes has got nothin' on this in the weight department.............

·
Registered
591 Posts
I know looks arent' everything

Boy I was thinking Buck Rogers before I saw it in the review. I'm obviously not the target demigraphic. It'd be nice to think though that it functions fantastically, that would help me get over the form.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Well if you look at it this way...

BMWs K1200LT is "only" 100lbs lighter, Harley's Ultra classic Electra glide and the Honda Goldwing are 808 and 799 respectively, thats "only" 50 lbs, but at that point does 50lbs matter that much?

The thing looks cool, but standing next to my girlfriend's step-dad's (thats a mouthful) '95 Goldwing made me realize that it is MASSIVE.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I think we have a new winner in the Top 10 Ugliest Bike category. I thought the Rune was the goofiest looking thing on earth, until I saw this mess. If I crashed on that thing, I would find the strength to crawl away from it to claim that I was never riding it in the first place. If anyone thinks my comments are harsh, believe me that I'm being nice here. :eek:

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Nicer blaha-blah blah, natter-blah, blahblah blah yakkety-blah.

Pricey, but HOLY F'N blah-blah blah! I blah-blah'd all the blahblahblah of blablah, blahblahblah, blah-blah, blablah-blah (bla.) and a blah-blah's worth of yakkety-blah, and come up with something like 1350 blahs! No blahblah-blah you only blah ~30bla-bla-blah.

Yakkety! That Blah-bing-blah Blahblah blahs has got blahblah' on this in the blah department.............

Last edited by sachiwilson : Today at 06:48 PM. Reason: Deleted personality.
You can say that again.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I think we have a new winner in the Top 10 Ugliest Bike category. I thought the Rune was the goofiest looking thing on earth, until I saw this mess. If I crashed on that thing, I would find the strength to crawl away from it to claim that I was never riding it in the first place. If anyone thinks my comments are harsh, believe me that I'm being nice here. :eek:
agreed. it's somewhere between hideous and absurd

·
Registered
179 Posts
there is something between 1940's style and .. whatever this bike is..
lets get on the ball Victory, and make a bike that doesn't make me squint and shake my head.
I hope it's the last time they let a designer eat mushrooms before designing a bike.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
That is the goofiest looking motorcycle I have ever seen, period. Mark Blackwell has re-invented the Detroit panic of '58. Since I've seen ZERO of the marque anywhere anyplace at anytime, one can only summize this model signifies the death spiral for the entire line of Victory motorcycles.

They should think about giving drug tests to the folks in Victory's motorcycle design division. A '59 LeSabre looks svelt compaired to this styling fiasco.

Feh...

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Ineffective terror tactics.

Emperor Ming the Merciless does not feel threatened. Flash Gordon's new TerrorCycle cannot defeat Emperor Ming's armies. No attempts to panic Emperor Ming's people will succeed. They are already made immune to such terror tactics by being forced to ride BMW1200Cs.

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
Retreat from the future

I'll get flames for this, but here goes: when a country loses confidence in itself or what it is doing, it looks back to a previous era where it was doing rather better, and reassures itself. For thirty years or more H-D have been recycling the fifties - and with this new Vision (lovely title, what with its connotations of impossible illusion/delusion and all) Victory have gone back even further, to a time when the US led the world in its modernity, and dared to imagine an even more modern future, styled like Buck Rogers. What this Vision, and all the low/bobber/dragger/bagger Glides are doing, is providing escape from an unacceptable present to a fondly recreated golden era of the past. Interesting how these golden eras are each placed one step back in time from wars in which the US found itself a sometimes unwilling participant...

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
I was watching "The Animal" with my 8 year old son the other day. After one scene he asked me: "why do guys always look at girls' butts?" Perhaps the same will be true with the Vision; what looks weird and stupid to us one day often becomes what we like the next. As for my son, one day, once he has a chance to ride one, he'll undoubtably change his opinion about all those funny curves and "extra" features.

PS: I think it's butt frikin' ugly in the photos. Maybe it isn't so bad in real life.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.