Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original Article:
2008 Yamaha WR250R

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Yamaha WR250R in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's cool to see that little DS bikes are finally being imported to the US. I'd love to get one of these. I currently ride a KTM 640 Adventure and a BMW Xchallenge and both these bikes are super heavy compared to this little screamer.

I think we're all stuck on the idea that displacement = fun and thats just not true. I'd love to have a WR to ride around the city or back roads and then jump on some trails that are to tight for the bigger DS bikes... it would totally rock.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Seems like a sweet little bike. I've never ridden a dual sport but I've always been curious.
You've not enjoyed a track day event until you do it on a supermoto bike. If you can get enough people to join you it's possible to talk your local go-kart track owner into offering a few hrs one night a week for a small rental fee.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Seems like a sweet little bike. I've never ridden a dual sport but I've always been curious.
Your pretty close with the priller. I dont recommend DS bikes to experianced riders as they will make you do silly things. Like taking that shortcut though the sand traps at the local golf course. Or writting your name (or Longride's)in the middle of the local high school football field. The temptation of having a dirt bike free to the world is too much to bare, just stay away...

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Your pretty close with the priller. I dont recommend DS bikes to experianced riders as they will make you do silly things. Like taking that shortcut though the sand traps at the local golf course. Or writting your name (or Longride's)in the middle of the local high school football field. The temptation of having a dirt bike free to the world is too much to bare, just stay away...
Shhhhhhh. You're not supposed to tell anybody!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.