Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
You can actually feel the ABS kick in and then pulse at the lever or pedal. ABS never saved me once, since I never had it on any bike I ever owned. I did hit the ground overbraking and tucking the front on my CBX many years ago, but that really showed me that I needed to learn proper braking. Mashing the brakes with ABS just doesn't suit me.
You can? You mean the chattering of the ABS has a different character than the normal chattering of the HD brakes?

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
I almost pulled the trigger a few times getting a CBX. I just think it wouldn't be the same as how I remembered it back in 1979. Still one of the best looking and best sounding bikes ever though.
The problem with 70s and 80s bikes is that we usually remember them fondly because they were better than previous bikes. Going back to them is often a disappointment. For example my '91 600lb GSX1100G handled worlds better than my 570lb '82GS1100L or my '80 Goldwing. Newer is better most of the time. I always had a soft spot for the old CB450 which was a bike of twice the quality of the old CB350. I rode a friend's well maintained CB450 a few years back and noted the terrible handling right away. Same same a '73 XS650, very crude. There are always exceptions but that rule proves true most of the time by far. Nostalgia is best not revisited IMHO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts