Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
You can actually feel the ABS kick in and then pulse at the lever or pedal. ABS never saved me once, since I never had it on any bike I ever owned. I did hit the ground overbraking and tucking the front on my CBX many years ago, but that really showed me that I needed to learn proper braking. Mashing the brakes with ABS just doesn't suit me.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I almost pulled the trigger a few times getting a CBX. I just think it wouldn't be the same as how I remembered it back in 1979. Still one of the best looking and best sounding bikes ever though.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. Well, for dragstrip racing it is low on power. For top speed racing it is low on power. For touring the country and cruising the interstates, it has plenty of power. Rolling burnouts? I'm not sure, I didn't try one, but I imagine it would do them easily. The point of the bike is to tour, not race, so power is a moot point when considering this bike. The bike has a really nice powerband that goes from idle to redline with no flat spots or hesitation. It just works. I probably told you this before, but for about 1500 bucks in parts you can easiily get 100hp / 100 ft.lbs. of torque form any TwinCam made. Really no point to it for a bike like this though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts