Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
All nice bikes, and even though I probably couldn't fit on one, I'd take the Duc I think. Good job MO dudes.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"In terms of street usability (ergos, mirrors, comfort, etc), the Duc is well behind the true liters."

Like that matters?

"It sure is wicked cool, though!"

Now THAT matters!

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"They actually do quite well as a commuter or sport-tourer or whatever."

As long as you are 5'3" and 135 lbs. I would agree. Anything over that, and they pretty much suck compared to any standard.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"On the other hand, adding free breathing exhausts and a Power Commander with a good map subjectively can make a huge difference in fun factor."

It's also violates noise and emissions laws which makes it even more fun!

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
WOW? You take these articles too seriously, The bikes arent that much different unless youve got the capability to notice the difference, on a track.
You nailed it MOKE. And the percentage of guys that can actually notice the difference is about .00001% of the riders in the whole world. Most people like to argue the theoretical differences, because they could come nowhere near their capability on the track, and we won't even talk about street riding. Just read a view from someone that rode em all, and take it at that.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Although I dont agree that its that small of a percentage, people do read way too deep into some write-ups on new bikes. Just ride the dam thing, come to your own conclusions.

I wish you would take a trackday LR, you'd love it!!! Just once?
MOKE, I know I would love it. I would be a junkie with one ride. One day I will get out there for sure. I'm 100% that it will hook me like a big fish!

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
One reason I think everyone here should take a trackday, is proof that its not as safe as some here think.
Seruzawa nailed it. What is worse, falling down on the pavement, or falling down and getting run over by an 18 wheeler? I'll take falling down!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts