Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Put a Bazzaz box and mount a slip on to the CBR, get rid of the top end restriction and optional traction control to boot. Hmm... As scary fast as these things are stock, there is quite a bit more available. Even my "old tech" FZ1 is testment to that. Like I need that much power. Oh well. We live in an age of excess. Who am I to go against the trend :D

My personal choice would be the last place Yamaha though, because I like how it sounds, especially uncorked with some proper cans on it. The R1 has a coolness and a fun factor the other bikes simply don't have. That, and I am just partial to sport bikes wearing the tuning fork I guess.

·
Registered
722 Posts
" I talk to a lot of riders who spend what I consider ridiculous amounts of money for (again, what I consider) negligible performance increases. Who in their right mind wants a VStrom 1000 to go even 1 full second quicker on a 1/4 mile bad enough to spend a thousand dollars on pipes and ECUs? Enough people to keep Dale Walker and the Vince Bros. in business. Yet it's a Dual-Sport. With a big windshield and side cases.

From a strictly objective point of view, I agree. On the other hand, adding free breathing exhausts and a Power Commander with a good map subjectively can make a huge difference in fun factor. An uncorked VStrom, for example, is a glorious thing with all that bellowing 90 degree V-Twin sound. Throttle response is likely increased dramatically too. It may not make that much difference over a stock bike in a drag race, but the modded bike is a lot more engaging and fun to ride.

The bottom line, it is fun to modify bikes :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts