Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
1. The GW is designed and built in America; the K12 is not.
2. BMW didn't have an LT in its press fleet.
3. The LT is a bit long in tooth and is scheduled to be replaced within two years, probably with a V-6 engine (scroll near the bottom of this article: 2009 BMW S1000RR - A Closer Look - Motorcycle.com)
4. We only have three staffers/riders who live in SoCal. We'll call you next time around... ;)

Have a fun and healthy '09, my friends!
Well you've got one quasi-staffer who works for carne asada burritos. ;-)

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
I figured this would happen sooner than later. Seems a fair question, and it's surfaced a couple times already. But I thought maybe the title might have indicated the general theme, as well as the teaser text on the homepage, and in this para:

"Because touring is such an important part of the U.S. bike market, we wanted to get the best of what of each manufacturer had to offer. In light of that we went with a trio of luxury liners that are made in America, and we ordered them as loaded with options as we could get them."

:roll:
Did any of them come with a carne asada burrito?

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Maybe I misread the story, but I don't remember the clarification of "a linked system in the sense of Honda's LBS or CBS (Combined Braking System) as they now refer to it." in the story itself. My point being, the rear brake control WILL apply the front brake. Therefore it is a linked system. It might not be what Honda or other companies offer, but it is a linked system in its own right, and it's unfair to deny its existence.

snip

According to what I've read, Victory did a lot of communication with its riders in developing the brake system for the Vision, which is why they developed the "rear control only" linked system and why they decided not to have ABS. Apparently, their riders told them that ABS isn't too important to them.

Edit: As I think about it, if Honda has a copyright on "Linked Braking System", "LBS", "Combined Braking System", and "CBS", and other companies have their own copyrighted terms, maybe Victory just didn't want to fight that battle, so it didn't give its system a name at all...
According to what you've read? It sounds like you work for Victory bro. Either that or your really interested in linked braking systems.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
One in each hand! :D

Interesting thing (at least to me), Before I had the Vision, I had a 2002 Indian Chief. A very good looking machine. Everywhere I went I was approached either by an old guy who once had an Indian and wished he still had it, or a Harley dude, who drooled over it, but it was always motorcycle guys.

Since I got the Vision, it draws even more people, but the strange thing, is the number of women who wouldn't even normally LOOK at a bike, that have to stop and talk to me about it. With men, it's kind of love it or hate it thing, but women, even those that don't ride, REALLY like it.
Maybe they should call it the Victory Vulva.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Jeez, like you guys never made a typo!

And, BigWheel, FYI, a bike produces more hp when measured at the crankshaft (like the OEMs do) than when measured at the rear tire (like magazines do. That's the discrepancy you noted.
It's just football weekend so we're all in the mood to pile on. You Canadians wouldn't understand that.

The Queen is on your money, you know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts