Motorcycle Forums banner
61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Honestly with the HD and the Vision side by side I prefer the Vision (can't believe I just wrote that). The comment that the wing is looking dated cracked me up. The HD hasn't changed visually in how many decades? Still I would take the LT over these 3, mainly due to fitting on it as the wing is about 3 inches too tight. My knee's are in the fairing before I put on my 'stich with the additional knee padding. That and after doing a small tour up the norcal coast on an LT I was shocked on how much fun I had on it. Amazing how fast I could hustle that pig fully loaded with the stereo blasting. It was great fun punking around in SF on it too. Ever jumped a touring rig? I have, love those sf hills... Yep it was a rental...

·
Registered
27 Posts
"mainly due to fitting on it as the wing is about 3 inches too tight. My knee's are in the fairing before I put on my 'stich with the additional knee padding".
That's a big reason why I got the Vision and not a Goldwing or LT. Your knees definitely will not hit the faring, and you have plenty of room to move your legs around, all while still protected from the wind.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Where's the shootout backup

This shootout was 90% tech and factory provided data sheets supported by 10% riding.

I have ridden all three bikes and the Vision is much, much closer to the Goldwing in being the winner than it should be after all the Honda R&D, rider input and years of production the Wing has been around.

For me I would accept the few things the Wing can do better than the Vision, but pay my money for the Vision.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Wow. Hey guys, the ones that wrote the article. Did you know you were WRONG about everything! That your opinions are wrong and that everyone elses are right!?
You can please some of the people some of the time...

Actually, the point about the Wing's rider triangle being tighter than the others is a valid consideration. However, it didn't seem to bother our tallest tester, Fonzie.

And, as noted, the Vision's rear brake is linked to the front. But for any rider trained to always cover the front brake lever for quickest reactions to situations, we were underwhelmed with the braking response from the front lever and would prefer to also have it linked to the rear brake. Squeezing just the front lever alone doesn't bring the bike down from speed as quickly as we'd like.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
So, it's true then that all those prescription drugs make their way into the drinking water.
Is that why I'm developing man boobs? I just cant stand the batwing and the lowers together on the Harley. The flowing batwing then square chunky lowers just looks like it was designed by two different people that never spoke to one another prior to assembly.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Is that why I'm developing man boobs? I just cant stand the batwing and the lowers together on the Harley. The flowing batwing then square chunky lowers just looks like it was designed by two different people that never spoke to one another prior to assembly.
Ah, yes. The same people who "styled" the now defunct BMW 1200C.

·
My member is not Junior!
114 Posts
Er... okay?

"• Feels top-heavy, due largely to fuel tank placement high on the frame. "

Uh, the aluminum fuel tanks(s) are mounted low and forward under the fairing panels on each side.
Guess we have a different opinion on the location of, and what those two large aluminum pods at the top of the frame just below the handlebars are in the attached pics.

This isn't some inherently flawed design; Victory's designers and engineers are highly skilled and experienced. But our impression of the Vision, primarily during slow speed maneuvers, was that of a top-heavy feel. The most obvious contributor to that seems to be the location of the fuel.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Guess we have a different opinion on the location of, and what those two large aluminum pods at the top of the frame just below the handlebars are in the attached pics.

This isn't some inherently flawed design; Victory's designers and engineers are highly skilled and experienced. But our impression of the Vision, primarily during slow speed maneuvers, was that of a top-heavy feel. The most obvious contributor to that seems to be the location of the fuel.
Y'know, I think she looks better nekkid!
And that's not something you'd normally hear me say about a fat girl!

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
well yeah you know, we didn't want to say anything....I mean the little drunken tabledance and panty fling at the Christmas party was...you know...in the spirit of things I guess, no one held that against you, really.....
So....what you are saying is that the Banana Hammock and the Bow Tie were not appropriate company Christmas Party attire?

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
So....what you are saying is that the Banana Hammock and the Bow Tie were not appropriate company Christmas Party attire?
Na, na... Longride enjoyed it you know.. the whole FireFighter/Brokeback Mountain thing...it's cool.....

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I was a big fan of the R1200C. Due to this, the good Doctor, Seruzawa, thinks that makes me a blind, drunken vagrant.
well yeah you know, we didn't want to say anything....I mean the little drunken tabledance and panty fling at the Christmas party was...you know...in the spirit of things I guess, no one held that against you, really.....

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
That's a big reason why I got the Vision and not a Goldwing or LT. Your knees definitely will not hit the faring, and you have plenty of room to move your legs around, all while still protected from the wind.
I sat on one, the low seat height combined with the floor boards doesnt work for me either. Just creates a new rider triangle problem, knee's to the sky.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Ah, yes. The same people who "styled" the now defunct BMW 1200C.
What the Tarantula? Wait that was the CL... The Phoenix version was almost tolerable (note "almost"). With the silver and yellow paint scheme and the mag rims. It was least offensive of the c line. Funny looking was one thing, but cutting the power to match the competition was just stupid.

61 - 80 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.