Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original Article:
2009 Yamaha R1 Preview

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Yamaha R1 Preview in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Would this be a good first bike? I was going to get the R6 but my friends all tell me that I will out grow it.
Sure would. Better get some nice shorts and a tanktop 'cuz that'll help ya cut the wind better. Pants only cause wind drag.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Don't forget protective gear! A Do-Rag or backwards ballcap and Oakley's are a definite must!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
When will the engineers put some torque in these sportbikes ? If I wanted to dance on the shifter all day I'd buy a 600 . 160HP isn't much good on the streets I ride .
They HAVE put torque in sportbikes. They're called V-twins. Or Triumph triples.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
When will the engineers put some torque in these sportbikes ? If I wanted to dance on the shifter all day I'd buy a 600 . 160HP isn't much good on the streets I ride .
Torque, schmork! Didn't you look at the pictures? They put the swoopy thing on the front fairing so it looks like < That's the important thing. Besides, if you want torque, you go buy a motard or naked standard, not a sportbike.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
So Kevin, when did you steal Tor away from the "other American" web rag? I love Raptors and Rockets! The guy is really on his game. I've been following his site for 6 years or so and he's usually pretty close on his predictions. Will he be a regular, now?

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
As long as it's faster than that gutless POS GSXR1000 and cheaper than a 1098 I'm there dude....I've got the mad skillz needed for the best and I can pay cash with the whole trust fund deal...I WANT ONE NOW DUDE !!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
So Kevin, when did you steal Tor away from the "other American" web rag? I love Raptors and Rockets! The guy is really on his game. I've been following his site for 6 years or so and he's usually pretty close on his predictions. Will he be a regular, now?
Yep, we've signed up Tor to provide regular content to MO! For the record, almost all the text in this article came from my brain, but once we saw these images we had to show 'em to ya.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm glad they are going with the buell style exhausts these days. THey really do make a difference in lowering the center of gravity and an added plus is that they dont cook your ass. My 06 R1 got TOASTY

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.