Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am heading there to retrieve it (back trails) what are some of the obvious items I should take to get it working again.... Just not my day... I have limited space and limited help... arrrgggghhh! FYI, the rider was injured... couldn't right the bike, and it's 50km away.... Thanks... J'ai oublier beaucoup les mots en francais.... mais... je me souviens.... Merci!

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
I am heading there to retrieve it (back trails) what are some of the obvious items I should take to get it working again.... Just not my day... I have limited space and limited help... arrrgggghhh!
Has it been stuck in water? What was damaged on it that you had to leave it there? It has to be more than just lying on its side for a few hours.

Why didn't you pick it up and set it on its stand before you left it or up against a tree.

Seems odd you would just leave it on its side. Even if it was stuck in water, they aren't that heavy, you should have been able to pull it out before you left it.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
If it's just been lying on the ground - aside from whatever was wrong with it that it had to be left in such a state, there'll be a few things to watch for:

Gas or oil in the cylinder(s) - gravity does weird things. You should pull the plug(s) and give 'er a few crankovers just to ensure it's not gonna hydrolock on you.

Battery. - If it's not an AGM or Gel-cell battery (non-spillable), it's 100% for sure that 50% or more of the electrolyte will be someplace on the ground beneath the bike, or in various crevices and nooks and crannies within the bike itself.

Oil. - 'member that "gravity" thing I mentioned in the first item? Might not hurt to carry-along a quart or two.

Gas - Read above.

There's probably a few things I forgot, but if you intend on hiking-in then riding the bike back - you might at least consider those I mentioned.

Good Luck, sounds like you'll need it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.