Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
I checked out the Buell site as well. WTF is up with the Blast? Is this some kind of out-there, in-your-face, x-treme marketing gimmick? I don't get the logic of referring to one of your bikes as an "end table", "door stop" and "boat anchor". Even if some new, improved Blast is coming, it doesn't seem wise to dis the old one. Why would a customer not think that you'll be trashing the bike you're trying to sell him now in ten years?

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Well, after watching the accompanying video, I'm certain Buell has lost their mind.

"Man, we really f'ed up building that boring POS. Sorry, suckers."

I've always thought the XB12R looked cool, and I'd get one if I made Buzglyd-level cash, but now I'm thinking that next year Buell might tell me what an agricultural lump it is.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Gee schiziki, I thought it was pretty damn funny. That crappy weather makes you New Englanders grouchy.
We get a sixth-month riding season here if we're lucky. This year's been a wash-out. I'm going out of my way to kick kittens.

But that has nothing to do with Buell's bad marketing. I don't think the guy who just bought a Blast is laughing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts