Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
That's the one alright. I like the exhaust but they should have ran it as a two into one like the original '77 Low Rider. I think that's the nicest looking pipe Harley has come up with
It had a really neat sound too, once you drilled it. I lucked into a brand new set of headers and muffler for my '77 about 5 years after I got it. It was very cool, but it only lasted about 8 years. The damn header pipes just started falling apart at the flanges and crossover, couldn't do much with them. I gave the parts to the Japanese guy who bought it to take home with him.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Well, after watching the accompanying video, I'm certain Buell has lost their mind.

"Man, we really f'ed up building that boring POS. Sorry, suckers."

I've always thought the XB12R looked cool, and I'd get one if I made Buzglyd-level cash, but now I'm thinking that next year Buell might tell me what an agricultural lump it is.
Apparently Eric Buell is now motorcycling's "Andy Warhol;" they are dropping the Blast from the model lineup because it makes them look like sissies, and the remaining stock is being smushed into blocks of scrap.

From the website:

The Buell® Blast was a cute little motorcycle. It just never made much of a sportbike. But, as luck would have it, it makes a killer ottoman. Or end table. Or art piece. Through an innovative process known as crushing, we've turned a limited number of Blasts into colorful metal cubes, each numbered and signed by Erik Buell himself. Hey, there's no denying the Blast's aforementioned cuteness. But there's nothing cute about racing or riding a sportbike the way it was meant to be ridden

I'll sell Klazy Ken autographed cubes of scrap metal for 30% less than Buell. YOU KLAZY YOU MISS DIS SAVING MONEY BIG BIG!!!

http://www.buell.com/en_us/bikes/blast/#

1 - 2 of 2 Posts