Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original Article:
2010 Indy Dealer Expo Report

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Indy Dealer Expo Report in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Holy schmokes, a brand new American motorcycle manufacturer! Building a range of bikes from small motocrossers to full-up sportbikes, no less Wow again. You're right Mr. Duke, we've heard that one before.

Did you hear any details on who is backing them or how they're captialized? When will their bikes be for sale? Where will they sell them? Is Harley going to buy the company?

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Let's hope not. We've seen where that one went.
Bombardier offered to buy out Buell twice. They were even considering moving some production of other models to the Buell Plant from Canada. Harley nixed it. No one knows why and HD ain't saying. So as far as I'm concerned HD threw away American jobs and an American brand for a short term prop of their stock value. HD can KMA.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Holy schmokes, a brand new American motorcycle manufacturer! Building a range of bikes from small motocrossers to full-up sportbikes, no less Wow again. You're right Mr. Duke, we've heard that one before.

Did you hear any details on who is backing them or how they're captialized? When will their bikes be for sale? Where will they sell them? Is Harley going to buy the company?
CEO Bales seems like a sharp dude - he made some good money doing something business-wise that I don't recall. He's a gung-ho sort of guy, making you think you could be foolish by expressing criticism, and I mean that in a good way, like you wanted to be on board his ship.

The bikes have been around Europe in various forms. Go to US Highland and navigate to the Build Your Own page to see how they can be tailored to fit each rider. They say they will begin delivering bikes this spring. They are being very selective with dealers. Now I think you have to order directly from the company and get it shipped to yourself or a local dealer.

This is a story to watch.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Hmmm....a contact of mine who works at a Husky dealer in Riverside said a piston for the new TE630 or whatever it is, costs around six bills, bare. Rings, pin, etc. are extra. Ah, the price of conspicuous consumerism.

Highland's been around for a long time in Sweden, that V twin design is about 25 years old btw. Neat bikes. Nice they finally made it over here. Timing could have been a little better though ...

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Is it just my computer, or does the article end in the middle of the "Husqevarna" section?
Just you, it seems.

Mine goes all the way.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Is it just my computer, or does the article end in the middle of the "Husqevarna" section?
Works okay for me, Tim. I suggest unplugging your computer and plugging it back in! Great to see you at Indy!

MO people: Tim is one of the brains behind this ingenious sportbike storage solution: http://www.motorcycle.com/products/the-cycle-guys-fastpack-product-review-86933.html

New to their lineup is a saddlebag system that cleverly uses a passenger footpeg mount!

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Aaaah, the return of the Folan powered Highland. How long has that bike been around in various forms?

Dirt Bike and Dirt Rider have preliminary tests of the single powered dirt bike and the 1000 dual sport.

FI glitches sidelined most of the bikes. :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Megelli 250r looks like it would be a good entry level bike for new sport riders. Wish something like it was available when i was starting out.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Aaaah, the return of the Folan powered Highland. How long has that bike been around in various forms?

Dirt Bike and Dirt Rider have preliminary tests of the single powered dirt bike and the 1000 dual sport.

FI glitches sidelined most of the bikes. :(
So where did you find Highland info? I went to their website. Not much info. 950 Street Tracker, oooooo...

US Highland

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Small article in March Dirt Rider. Multi page article in March Dirt Bike.

Bikes have stainless steel frames. o:=
They say the SS frames are lighter than aluminum due to a new alloy. And no deflection from use like Al.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts