Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I don't get it.

To me, the old Triumphs were light, lively machines that put handling and performance above all. I guess that's what the current Speed/Street triples are supposed to be, now.

The cruiser Triumphs confuse me. Apparently, they sell well enough, though, as I see more cruisers than sporty bikes.

Where's the middle ground?

The old T-bird sport (triple with twin mufflers on one side) looked to be my kind of bike.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Not to be overly persnickity but a 360 degree firing interval is the same as a 0 degree firing interval as there's 360 degrees in a circle, a 270 degree is ...well, 270 degrees and I might add an abomination in the eyes of God hissef' as prophisised by the Messiah Edwin Turner. A 360 degree firing rate is the only acceptable configuration for a British vertical twin.
Actually, the firing interval in a 360 degree vertical twin is, indeed 360 degrees. The crank has to turn 360 degrees, not 0 degrees, before the second cylinder fires.

A 0 degree firing interval would be a "twingle". :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.