Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
There's a guy at work who has decided he wants a bike. He's been looking at a used VMax, the Warrior, but was really focusing on the VRod. Yesterday I brought in my Motor Cyclist magazine with the Diavel cover story. A couple hours later he came over and said "You ruined my week. I can't afford this damn thing, but it weighs under 500 lbs and has 160 hp!"

I think Ducati is going to sell a boatload of these things to a lot of riders who otherwise wouldn't set foot in a Ducati dealership. Hell, they may wind up getting their first exposure at the local drag strips with it.

The only questions in my mind are: will anybody in Europe buy one, and if they do, who's going to teach them how to do burnouts? (No, not you, Anaranjalala).
Good to hear a perspective from someone not claiming the Diavel is the end of Ducati as we know it. Considering the tough market for such a machine, I also believe it will do well for them.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
It's a very comfortable bike to sit on, kinda like a standard, and with the handlebars just a little bit more relaxed it'd be a wallop of a ride. I think I'd prefer a more normal rear tire (180 was wide enough for my XX).
I'll bet a 220mm rear tirewould've handled better and looked nearly as bad ass...

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Japan could do this bike. Not as cool perhaps, but for $9,000 less and with the usual Japanese unbreakable reliability, it could have appeal.
Well, I'm not too sure about that. A VMax is more expensive than the base Diavel and lacks TC. I feel kinda sorry for Mr. Max, one of the most expressive Japanese bikes ever.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Jay Leno, Kaming Ko, Lyle Lovett - gotta be somebody who has one for you to ride.

If MO is the Black sheep of the MC journalism industry, it needs to work on it's wealthy but cool riding buddy benefactor pool. Sure wish I qualified. :D
Yeah, I gotta expand that list. I wish I qualified. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts