Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
It's 'spensive. Too rich for my blood. This makes the new Multi look like a veritable bargain.

It'd be interesting to compare this to the new BMW 1600. For the $$, which one is better?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
The local BMW dealer has a used Ducati Streetfighter on the floor. It's got 3000 miles and $3000 worth of exhaust and accessories on it. THey're asking $12,995.
Buy it! Buy it now!

:D

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Japan could do this bike. Not as cool perhaps, but for $9,000 less and with the usual Japanese unbreakable reliability, it could have appeal.

Victory could do this. Who knows. Victory seems pretty progressive and they are not necessarily tied into a one dimensional engine offering.

To be fair, Harley tried this market quite awhile ago with the V-Rod. Harley likely feels rather burned by the V-Rod and it would be understandable if they believe that nobody bought it because it is not a traditional Harley. That may be. Traditional Harley riders are not V-Rod buyers, and a lot of riders are not potential Harley customers due to the strong brand image that is either highly attractive or not. The V-Rod is a bit of an orphan - unloved by the "faithful" and not of interest to the rest.

It will be fun to see how this new Duc does. If it sells in decent numbers despite it's high price, expect imitators. Just because the V-Rod failed, it does not mean this concept does not have serious merit.
I have to say, I was not at all surprised to see H-D drop the original iteration of the VRod this year. Too bad, too, because it was a pretty decent bike. The documentary on the development of the VRod was pretty neat, too!

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Well, I'm not too sure about that. A VMax is more expensive than the base Diavel and lacks TC. I feel kinda sorry for Mr. Max, one of the most expressive Japanese bikes ever.
What's that? *sniff, sniff* Do I smell a shootout?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts