Motorcycle Forums banner

2012 European Literbike Shootout Teaser - Video

6K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Kevin_Duke 
#1 ·
Original Article:
2012 European Literbike Shootout Teaser - Video

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2012 European Literbike Shootout Teaser - Video in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

#4 ·
Great teaser guys ....I mean you lucky bastards. Next week should tie up some loose ends. Video production is really world class. Soon you will be the most sought after moto-journos on the planet.
Yep, it was an excellent few days to be a MO staffer. Quail on Saturday, Infineon on Sunday, Thunderhill on Monday! Kudos to new addition Mike Maez for producing a kick-ass video!

#3 ·
Excellent

My only complaint is for the future when you compare the Kawi vs the winner of this group. We already know it's 'worse' than the BMW from numerous head to head tests.
But the Kawi could still place last in this field, while Japan vs Europe suggests it would be one of the top two bikes instead of possibly the 4th best sport bike...

#6 ·
The videos just keep getting better and better. The intro to this one even got my kid's attention...not an easy thing to do! And if it weren't for the video, I might never have known Panigale is pronounced: "Pan-a-gal-ay." Having said that, I'm sticking with "Finagle."

The onboard shots were excellent, do you use GoPro cameras for that?

The grande finale shootout with Japan Inc. is going to be great!

#8 ·
The videos just keep getting better and better. The intro to this one even got my kid's attention...not an easy thing to do! And if it weren't for the video, I might never have known Panigale is pronounced: "Pan-a-gal-ay." Having said that, I'm sticking with "Finagle."

The onboard shots were excellent, do you use GoPro cameras for that?

The grande finale shootout with Japan Inc. is going to be great!
Glad you liked the vid. New guy Mike Maez is a fantastic addition! For onboards, we used a Contour and a GoPro.

#12 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, I really enjoyed the review. I have really come to appreciate your unbiasedness (is that a word?). The only thing I didn't understand is, when the aprilia has been tested in the past, by numerous groups, it has been accused of being a track only bike, with a power delivery so intense it was worthless for regular roads. This is the main reason I never test rode one. But here you have it sounding like a dream machine, perfect for canyons and trackdays alike - its only flaw being just slightly down on power from the BMW. Any explanation??

#13 ·
Aprilia is making continual updates to the RSV4 platform, including the addition of the APRC suite and remapped injection for 2011, plus a new fork, lighter wheels and lowered final-drive gearing. New mapping in the ECU results in smoother throttle reapplication, tho I still preferred using the Sport mode rather than Track for its ease of use.

#17 ·
Yup, never mind, I found it. But boy was it buried. I am looking to buy a 2012 RSV4 APRC based partly on your in-depth review, so thank you for that. After watching the part 1 teaser, there wasn't a link to the other parts and I actually ended up finding it on YouTube and linking back to your site from your URL in the description.

Keep up the great work but make it easier to find the stuff, OK? ;)

Jeff

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yup, never mind, I found it. But boy was it buried. I am looking to buy a 2012 RSV4 APRC based partly on your in-depth review, so thank you for that. After watching the part 1 teaser, there wasn't a link to the other parts and I actually ended up finding it on YouTube and linking back to your site from your URL in the description.

Keep up the great work but make it easier to find the stuff, OK? ;)

Jeff
Yeah, we've got some work going on behind the scenes to improve the user experience. And if you can't get enough RSV4 info, also see it go against MV Agusta's F4RR: 2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC vs. 2012 MV Agusta F4RR Corsacorta - Video

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.