Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
IMHO, this is/was the last category where Honda was the class leader. Now...

Oh, how the mighty have fallen! (A moment of silence, please.)

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Wow. I had no idea these things weigh half a ton and cost 25K. Oh well. I figured the loaded ones would run around 20K and that they weighed around 815 or so.

Then again, I was recently shocked that higher end RVs that I see on the road cost half a mil or more. I thought they were around 150K. Jeez. It sucks not to be rich. Ignorance is bliss...
You and me, both! You and me both. (shakes head)

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Yikes. Riding the road to financial ruin on a Gold Wing. Financing non essential "toys" simply never occurred to me. Hell. Financing cars never occurred to me. I drive unexciting used but well maintained and solid cars, paid for with cash. As I like to say, my treasure is in heaven, the rest is with Vanguard - LOL

When Mastercard had it's IPO a few years ago, I bought 200 shares at $46. It doubled to $92 and I sold it. Walked into Vickery Yamaha and bought a new FZ1 for $8,400 out the door, paid for on, you guessed it, my Mastercard with the stock sale profits. Always did march to a different drummer - I don't buy things unless I can pay for them, period :D
If only the rest of America operated the same way...

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
By the way, Mastercard peaked at over $300 a share. That FZ1 really "cost" about 30 grand. Oh well. I don't look at it that way. I view it as the deployment of assets resulting in a nice new motorcycle in my garage without really having to work for it. Thanks Mastercard. Your member bank (Chase in my case) can go screw someone else with their late fees...
Got any other hot stock tips?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
The answer to your Gold Wing prayers might be in BMW's K1600GLT. I just rode it today. Wow! Basically the same price as the GL but with so much more performance and features. Stay tuned for my road test.
Exciting, eh? How long do we have to wait?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Is that you, the real James Parker? From Dehli, India? Dude it's easy tp tell you aren't a native english speaker so why bother with the charade?
It would have been more clever if it had been Peter Parker!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts