Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
There's no doubt that BMW is eating Honda's lunch in terms of technology and advanced features. And doing it for the same price, or less. But it doesn't matter.

There's a large, core demographic out there that will buy a new Wing and never look at or care about anything else. Every rally I've been to has a big contingent of Wing riders. They show up together, they hang out together, they yak on their radios at each other. Rumor is that they share their wimmen...but that's just a rumor.

It's just like the HD 'Glide riders. BMW could be giving away bikes, it doesn't matter. Brand loyalty runs really deep with these guys. They'd have to give up their riding friends, social agendas, their motorcycle lifestyles, to change bike brands.
I know of at least 3 or 4 guys that have bought 2 or more brandy-new GL1800 'Wings that were essentially the same - one even bought the same colour........

Harley's got nothin' on 'Wing-Dings.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
The 2013 Wing -- to be released early in 2012 -- will have two extra wheels for stability, better weather protection, seating for four, and will actually cost less.

It will be renamed, as well. It will be called the "Civic."
I bet it handles like a Dream!

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
jamesparker said:
O yehsssss!! ofcourse dude, guess Delhi comes in Planet Earth 8)
I use that scent in my commuter-car. Great stuff!

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
You commute in a car? Blasphemy!
Well, the last SOB that (literally) tried to Kill me with his 4x4 after I passed him (he was 45 in 55 - then it was a 115-130 dodgin' in and out of traffic) put the end to that.

Now I drive a sh!tbox and pack a P90 in the console. With a round in the chamber. **** everybody.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts