Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Pricleline kicked ass for me today. :) I subscribe to the Cabot Investment newsletter. They are right way more times than they are wrong. Cost is $185 year. Priceline is one of their recommendations. It popped about $2,500 for me today. I happily spend the $185 a year for Cabot. MA and Visa I did on my own though :D

Right now I like companies in the dry bulk shipping sector. GNK, EAGLE, DSX, SBLK to name a few. All are hard core in the dumps due to the economy and shipping rates. SBLK pays a 7% dividend at it's current stock price. These will not turn overnight, but I have a 5 year horizon on them. Analysts hate them. I find I do well in the long run by doing the opposite of what the Cramers of the world say! Last time Cramer dished on oil and energy, I bought. Did well with that...

PFF is a preferred stock ETF that pays 6.7% dividend and the share price is quite stable. I like it for parking cash.

Take a look at the chart for AGQ if you like wild things. It tracks silver x 2.

Never, ever trade on margin :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been a loyal wing rider. I've had a 1990 wing,1995 wing and now i ride a 2005 Wing. I was waiting to trade my GL1800 on the new style all i have to say is way to let me down Honda. The stuff they changed wasn't worth changing and the things they left alone(no 6 speed transmission for mileage) The front end they could of did more "bold changes" the back end looks cheap. If i had to describe the 2012 or 2013 in a couple words "let down."
More than likely my next bike will now be a Star(Yamaha) Royal Star Venture S.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Ouch. Makes you wonder if Honda consults with guys like Wing Rider, who are their core customer. No manufacturer wants to hear a customer say this.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Pricleline kicked ass for me today. :) I subscribe to the Cabot Investment newsletter. They are right way more times than they are wrong. Cost is $185 year. Priceline is one of their recommendations. It popped about $2,500 for me today. I happily spend the $185 a year for Cabot. MA and Visa I did on my own though :D

Right now I like companies in the dry bulk shipping sector. GNK, EAGLE, DSX, SBLK to name a few. All are hard core in the dumps due to the economy and shipping rates. SBLK pays a 7% dividend at it's current stock price. These will not turn overnight, but I have a 5 year horizon on them. Analysts hate them. I find I do well in the long run by doing the opposite of what the Cramers of the world say! Last time Cramer dished on oil and energy, I bought. Did well with that...

PFF is a preferred stock ETF that pays 6.7% dividend and the share price is quite stable. I like it for parking cash.

Take a look at the chart for AGQ if you like wild things. It tracks silver x 2.

Never, ever trade on margin :D
I have one word for you son: plastics.

I bought cardboard when it was 18 cents a ton. It's over 24 cents now and I've got 8,000 pounds of the stuff. Am I rich? Well...heh heh....you do the math.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ouch. Makes you wonder if Honda consults with guys like Wing Rider, who are their core customer. No manufacturer wants to hear a customer say this.
What really honks me off. My dealer (Honda dealer) meets with their district manager once a month talks to them about what buyers or possible buyers are saying about bikes,4-wheelers and dirt bikes. Kind of a roundtable session. I gave him about 5 or 6 things to present to this district manager to bring up with a engineers or designers. NOT ONE is on the 2012. I wanted a 6 speed transmission for better mileage.Nope.
cordless/bluetooth helmets Nope.

adjust the fairing for taller guys(i'm 6 ft 4 or 5) when i use my highway pegs my inside of my calves sometimes get burnt in the wenter on the engine. nope(doesn't look like that in the picture)

I'm the type I like aggresive designs. so i suggested a more aggressive front end.(not like a GSX-R or CBR but you gotta admit the wing previous gen to 2012 about the same) nope

electric windshield, electric windshield did i say electric windshield. The one thing i gotta give BMW KLT models they have a SMOOTH electric windshield set up. my friend with a KLT model he's a smaller guy he's only 5 ft 10 or 11 and i'm 6 ft 4 or 5 so he just hit a button slide it up boom your done your on the road. (nope didn't do it on 2012 wing)

in my opinion if a bike or any product company won't listen to the consumer(and when you got loyal consumers) then they go to your competition. Like i plan to with Yamaha.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I worked for HONDA for almost 20 years ('83 - '03). I saw HONDA weather the storms, but they had real enthusiasts in charge then! They FINALLY got rid of all the motorcycle guys and replaced them with accountants and marketing people! HONDA would have been better served to keep the old bike for another year! All this will do is boost the sales of aftermarket chrome stuff, since a majority of the "old" stuff will not longer work! The LAST thing HONDA needed was Bold New Graphics! This is one step forward and two steps back! They lost me with the quasi-Harley bags! I only thought I had seen the "lows" from HONDA! The Gold Wing had been a steady progression from good to GREAT! Now this? This is what happens when cars take precedence over motorcycles!

·
Registered
3 Posts
2012 Wing. Disappointed but with the economy not totally surprised. If only the engineers and marketers would visit forums such as this and others dedicated to one type (GL1800riders.com) and listen to what the end user is saying, then they would blow the competition away. But then what would the after market guys do for a living?
For the type of riding that I do, the Wing is the only bike that will fill the need. No, the Harley won't, the BMW won't etc. Brand loyalty? Absolutely. Do I wish the new BMW 1600 would pull a trailer? Yes but it will not unless someone comes up with an after market hitch. Spyder is the (correct me if I am wrong) only manufacturer that has a trailer as an option and pictures trailers in their ads.
I don't like the new rear saddle bags nor the bozo the clown rear lights. The rest of it looks okay. I have an 07 but am seriously considering a trade for a 2010 just to get ABS (IN MY OPINION - it should not be an option).
Will withhold final judgment until I can actually sit on one and look at it up close.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
The answer to your Gold Wing prayers might be in BMW's K1600GLT. I just rode it today. Wow! Basically the same price as the GL but with so much more performance and features. Stay tuned for my road test.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
The answer to your Gold Wing prayers might be in BMW's K1600GLT. I just rode it today. Wow! Basically the same price as the GL but with so much more performance and features. Stay tuned for my road test.
Exciting, eh? How long do we have to wait?

·
Registered
144 Posts
2013 Wing

The 2013 Wing -- to be released early in 2012 -- will have two extra wheels for stability, better weather protection, seating for four, and will actually cost less.

It will be renamed, as well. It will be called the "Civic."

(and will finally get the extra 40 horsepower it needed.)

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
The 2013 Wing -- to be released early in 2012 -- will have two extra wheels for stability, better weather protection, seating for four, and will actually cost less.

It will be renamed, as well. It will be called the "Civic."

(and will finally get the extra 40 horsepower it needed.)
LOL!

GTL review should be turned live within an hour.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Thanks a bunch!

FWIW, I would have never thought I'd want a luxo-touring barge. Looks like BMW has changed the paradigm.
Paradigm change indeed. The GT, essentially the same as the GTL but with a bit more ground clearance, should be able to run with a C-14! This ain't a Gold Wing...

·
Registered
7 Posts
so yesterday i had a saturday free. I i decided to go look at bikes since i wasn't working and had some spare time.
so the area I went to They had a Kaw,suzuki, star(yamaha), can-am(spyder) dealer first.
looked at the Kaw Voyager- after being on a Wing I really didn't want belt drive.
looked at a Royal Star Venture S- I ride a lot out of state and as many of you "old school guys" know when you go into elevation changes with carbs you either gotta "lean out" or "add" more air. Fuel injection if your riding out state i suggest is the way to go.
second dealer(only about mile or 2 away) they are an authorized Honda dealer(only line he carries).
I had a open mind about the wing going in. The dealer made a HUGE deal i can control my Ipod from the trunk(big whoop-de-do), and smoke headlights. again let down for a major model change in my honest opinion.
off to the 3rd and final bike shop about 5 minutes away authorized Ducati,Triumph and BMW motorcycle shop.
Triumph Rocket 3 Triumph- Impressive bike for the money. Just no intergrated radio, CB,Intercoms(basically all the creature comforts on the wing)
Ducati(they didn't have anything close well maybe the multistrada but i don't consider that a 500-700 mile bike a day)
last but certainly not least and one I was by far most impressed with
2012 BMW K1600 GTL. it takes a lot to impress me. as you've probably read in previous post i was disappointed in the 2012 wing. this 2012 K1600 "is smokin' hot" I'm not talking like a Hayabusa or ZX 14 burn the pavement up way. but for being a 6 cylinder the weight only like 700 lbs. adjustable seat height. just BMW didn't just eat Honda's lunch. They ate their breakfest,lunch and dinner on the K1600 GTL vs 2012 or 2013 Wing.
and I'll admit neither the Honda or BMW had the new Wing or K1600 on the floor. but just sheer power,technology,and features its a no brainer

·
Registered
722 Posts
Plus it can do wheelies, with Kevin Duke in the saddle anyway!

All kidding aside, the new BMW does look amazing. I was never interested in this type of bike before, but I can see being interested in this one - someday :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Helmet means who save your life while driving because on driving if someone hit you from back & you are with helmet so there is less chance of injured. And it's mandatory for everyone who is driving on road. While going forward if someone who live speed they can secure their head by helmet & in the market top class model in available whose design, color etc makes these helmet luxury to other. And there is a helmet which is designed by Jerome Coste with the inspiration of science fiction movies & also French luxury lifestyle.:)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Helmet means who save your life while driving because on driving if someone hit you from back & you are with helmet so there is less chance of injured. And it's mandatory for everyone who is driving on road. While going forward if someone who live speed they can secure their head by helmet & in the market top class model in available whose design, color etc makes these helmet luxury to other. And there is a helmet which is designed by Jerome Coste with the inspiration of science fiction movies & also French luxury lifestyle.:)
Man when I bring my sci-fi movies and gay-french-man-purse i know I'm not going to crush my skull! Its AWESOME I am SO in today!

21 - 40 of 50 Posts